Orioles/ Mets talking Ike Davis

SilentJames

Ok, again he's had 23 some innings there. Not exactly a huge sample size. Let's not go anointing him a better 1st baseman than the guy who currently holds down the position.

I've seen him play there. On TV of course. I like what I see. I like what I see at every position I've seen him play. SS especially.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Mets Merized Online; article by Mitch Petanick

it?s simply because the first base position is still very convoluted for the Mets with Ike Davis in the mix.

It?s my belief that the Mets have no intention of heading into the 2014 season with Ike Davis on the roster, as a mutual splitting would be most beneficial for both sides. I also believe that most teams recognize that this is the Mets? intentions, so rather than give up a mid or top tier prospect for Ike, they will wait for the Mets to release him and then sign him.

Sounds like DD kind of trade.

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2014/01/can-lucas-duda-lock-down-the-first-base-job-for-the-mets.html

Especially after being Roid Outed, I was surprised that he got anywhere near that money. Even if he were to have remained healthy.

He was worth an average of $18.5 mm/yr for the four years before he signed his deal. He also was worth $15 mm the year following when he signed his contract. In that context, 4/$40 mm doesn't sound too bad. Hudson is a decent comp, but he was worth about $34 mm in the 4-year period where BRob was worth $74 mm, and he was coming off an injury-plagued season worth about $6 mm whereas BRob was coming off a great year where he'd been worth about $21 mm.

You'd have to think they'd trade him for something, even a lower level prospect, rather than just get nothing for him.

Got any Brian Roberts updates?

Plus just releasing him puts them on the hook for more salary. Britton for Davis is fair. Then hopefully the Orioles sign Burnett or Aroyo.

Plus just releasing him puts them on the hook for more salary. Britton for Davis is fair. Then hopefully the Orioles sign Burnett or Aroyo.

An outright release, not a waiver claim. Agree with Britton being fair value though. I'd love Burnett, not Arroyo.

He was worth an average of $18.5 mm/yr for the four years before he signed his deal. He also was worth $15 mm the year following when he signed his contract. In that context, 4/$40 mm doesn't sound too bad. Hudson is a decent comp, but he was worth about $34 mm in the 4-year period where BRob was worth $74 mm, and he was coming off an injury-plagued season worth about $6 mm whereas BRob was coming off a great year where he'd been worth about $21 mm.

LOL. We're not supposed to talk about Roberts here Frobby.

Why not both? Burnett should cost about $12 and Arroyo 3/$30M-$35M. I'm OK with one or the other plus Hammel for 1/$5M too.

I don't see us making both on our likely payroll structure and I'm not at all enthused about Arroyo pitching in the AL East. I'd be fine with signing Hammel for something like 1/5 though.

I don't see us making both on our likely payroll structure and I'm not at all enthused about Arroyo pitching in the AL East. I'd be fine with signing Hammel for something like 1/5 though.

I like Arroyo and he is supposed to be good in the mentor role for younger pitchers. The propensity for giving up dingers scares me some for sure though.

Archived