Orioles/ Mets talking Ike Davis

SilentJames

I don't particularly want Ike Davis but this would be pretty close to the Mets just giving him away. Britton is out of options. At this point in his career, I'd say that you could come pretty close to getting someone like Britton off of the scrap heap, similar to how we just picked up Liam Hendricks and previously with De La Cruz the LHP we picked up. Of course, it's looking more and more like the Mets will have to keep Davis if they are expecting anything of real value in return.

Yeah on second thought I don't think it's a fair comparison. Davis has shown longer stretches of aptitude at the major league level than Britton has.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And he never sniffed 10 million in a season, heck he never hit 6.5 for a season.

Roberts was well rewarded by the O's, even if you don't factor in his health after the deal.

Especially after being Roid Outed, I was surprised that he got anywhere near that money. Even if he were to have remained healthy.

The NYP says the Mets and Orioles are still talking about a deal for Ike Davis since the Orioles rejected the Mets offer. The Orioles best move would be to obtain him and then package CD in another deal with one of our favorite trade partners the Mariners. Taijuan Walker can be part of the package because the Mariners need a power bat in their lineup with Cano. It doesn't make sense to trade Walker for Price if you can land an everyday player who drives in runs with power like CD.

The NYP says the Mets and Orioles are still talking about a deal for Ike Davis since the Orioles rejected the Mets offer. The Orioles best move would be to obtain him and then package CD in another deal with one of our favorite trade partners the Mariners. Taijuan Walker can be part of the package because the Mariners need a power bat in their lineup with Cano. It doesn't make sense to trade Walker for Price if you can land an everyday player who drives in runs with power like CD.

Can you imagine if the O's traded Davis? This would make a lot of Oriole fans very unhappy as he is probably the most popular Oriole alongside Jones.

Just sucks we might not be able to lock Davis up. He said he wants to stay but he is going to want his one big payday so if we can't give it to him he may look elsewhere.

Erod for Davis is a pretty ridiculous offer from the Mets but a deal can probably still be had centered around someone else. DD is going to have to make a move at some point lets wait and see.

The three years before that one the ODog was above an .800 OPS every season.

Hudson also only topped 140 games/season twice in his entire career. He also only had 500+ AB's 3 times between 2002 - 2009. Not only did Roberts have 6 straight 500+ AB seasons, but he had 4 seasons with 600+ AB's. Roberts had 16 and 18 HR seasons under his belt. The 18 HR season was also an injury-shortened one where he could have potentially hit 20+ if doesn't have his arm broken by ARod. Hudson only topped 12 HR's once (15). He also never hit double digit HR's again after 2007 while Roberts was coming off a 16 HR season when he signed that deal.

The 5 years before he signed that contract, he had 4 with double digit HR's, 3 seasons w/ 100+ runs scored, 1 season w/ 90+ runs scored, 1 season w/ 80+ runs scored, not to mention he had 7 straight seasons with double digit SB's including 30+ (twice), 40 and 50 seasons.

Hudson never came close to any of these numbers. He had 3 seasons w/ a pretty OPS, but other than that, he was in no way, shape or form, in the same league as Brian Roberts (pre-injury). Roberts was one of the best, if not the best, second baseman in baseball at the time.

While I think the contract itself was league-average at the time, I think it can easily be considered a team-friendly deal considering he signed it w/ the Orioles. A team that has consistently struggled in trying to lure top FA's. No way the O's would have gotten a similar player w/ similar production without having to overpay for him.

Especially after being Roid Outed, I was surprised that he got anywhere near that money. Even if he were to have remained healthy.

I do agree with this. Roberts is one of the few players whose public image hasn't taken a complete nose dive since being outed as a PED user. I would imagine that has something to do w/ the fact that he's not a complete D-bag like Bonds or Clemens, but still .... :P:D

Huh? It doesn't make sense to bring perhaps the most dominant pitcher in the AL over the last three years to a great pitchers park?

What makes everyone want to hold onto Erod?

The odds are he wont pan out just like Riley, Penn, Arrieta, Matusz, Britton etc

I would trade Erod or Bundy in a heartbeat for a good proven Major League player

You regard Ike Davis as a good proven ML player?

Archived