Orioles/ Mets talking Ike Davis

SilentJames

I know I am of the minority here, but geeze, admitting to taking a couple of steroid injections, while stupid and wrong, doesn't put you in the same class as PED users such as Bonds, Sosa or Clemens.

How do you know it was only a couple?

So do you believe when Ron Washington got busted for blow that it was the only time he did it?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible;" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="332"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

He had a nice career.

4/40 was an overpay that wouldn't have been matched on the open market.

He did have a nice career, and because he was so much better than most of the players on his own team, a lot of Orioles fans thought he was more special than he was (IMHO).

I was sorry they extended him. Too much and too long for a diminutive middle infielder his age.

The NYP says the Mets and Orioles are still talking about a deal for Ike Davis since the Orioles rejected the Mets offer. The Orioles best move would be to obtain him and then package CD in another deal with one of our favorite trade partners the Mariners. Taijuan Walker can be part of the package because the Mariners need a power bat in their lineup with Cano. It doesn't make sense to trade Walker for Price if you can land an everyday player who drives in runs with power like CD.

This doesn't seem likely, but I wish they'd try it.

Originally Posted by section18

The NYP says the Mets and Orioles are still talking about a deal for Ike Davis since the Orioles rejected the Mets offer. The Orioles best move would be to obtain him and then package CD in another deal with one of our favorite trade partners the Mariners. Taijuan Walker can be part of the package because the Mariners need a power bat in their lineup with Cano. It doesn't make sense to trade Walker for Price if you can land an everyday player who drives in runs with power like CD.

As I said previously Walker can be part of a package for CD. We would not be trading Davis for Walker. There would be other players coming back. If we can't obtain Ike Davis they could include Smoak along with Walker and another player for Chris Davis.

As I said previously Walker can be part of a package for CD. We would not be trading Davis for Walker. There would be other players coming back. If we can't obtain Ike Davis they could include Smoak along with Walker and another player for Chris Davis.

I doubt they would trade Walker for Davis- first base just isn't a huge need for them right now. They already had Smoak and have added Hart and Morrison this offseason, both of whom are best-suited to play first.

Walker, Smoak, and Franklin?

I am curious on where you are getting Robert's WAR Rankings? Here is the information I gathered from Fangraphs :

2004 - 12th with 2.3

2005 - 2nd with 6.6

2006 - 4th with 3.1

2007 - 4th with 4.8

2008 - 4th with 4.7

2009 - 8th with 3.4

2004 to 2009 - 2nd, behind Utley, with 24.9

Is there another website that I should go to?

I pulled it off the ESPN site. Probably different defensive metrics. Fangraphs obviously likes him better, a four year run as a top 4 guy is pretty nice even if it is a short peak.

As far as one WAR versus another it is kinda pick your poison.

I pulled it off the ESPN site. Probably different defensive metrics. Fangraphs obviously likes him better, a four year run as a top 4 guy is pretty nice even if it is a short peak.

As far as one WAR versus another it is kinda pick your poison.

ESPN publishes rWAR.

I would like to thank every one who posted about Roberts. I was reading through the 12 pages that started with Ike Davis. The first 8 or so pages were pretty interesting but as soon as the Roberts discussion started I knew I could skip ahead and not miss anything. Thanks for saving me time. I appreciate it.

I would like to thank every one who posted about Roberts. I was reading through the 12 pages that started with Ike Davis. The first 8 or so pages were pretty interesting but as soon as the Roberts discussion started I knew I could skip ahead and not miss anything. Thanks for saving me time. I appreciate it.

It's indeed been a long, cold winter if that's the case.

I didn't start the Roberts talk. Why do you feel the need to defend Roberts? Guys don't just use steroids once. Everyone who is caught doing anything illegal says they only did it once. A Rod claims he wasn't using steroids. The guy from the Brewers denied until he was caught a second time. Who really cares anyway? His 4 years of non performance is a good measure of his abilities off steroids. He will feel right at home with the Yankees.

Or..it could be the back trouble, the torn hip labrum, ruptured tendon behind his right knee, the concussion, or the post concussion syndrome....but why let facts get in the way of your bogus assumptions. As far as Ike Davis, I'll take him just as long as the price to get him isn't to steep.

Archived