Orioles/ Mets talking Ike Davis

SilentJames

How many times do we have to remind folks of Duquette's (or Angelos') stance on posting before people believe it? They will not, and in fact do not apparently believe in, posting for Tanaka.

It is 100% not going to happen, they've already said as much.

I agree with you.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would hope.

However, Duquette lies and nothing he or the FO have shown me, leads me to believe that CD will be an Oriole 2016.

This is what I think will happen: The FO is hoping that he doesn't hit 50 bombs again so he can't ask for the moon in an extension. However, since its Boras, they will after he hits 44 this season. Davis's attitude and personality will help the O's get close to a deal, but it will fall through and he will be gone. Enjoy the draft pick.

Wow you are very sure that will happen. No one knows the future. Now maybe

you think you can read the tea leaves or signs in the sky to see the future. Now I

am sorry for this but I believe you have such a strong dislike for PA and or DD

you are trying to figure out the future of stars like Chris Davis. That is an exercise

in futility. We don't know. Sorry

Ike Davis, both of the past two years, has started the season flat awful. Two years ago he was sick with valley fever but last year there was no such excuse.

However, comments like this are pretty offbase. He had a 954 OPS last season post-ASB (40 games), with a 449 OBP during that period . 888 OPS two seasons ago post-ASB (75 games). 346 OBP. I don't know what the issue is behind his immense struggles to start the past few seasons but the talent is there.

However, he's never been any good against LHP.

Valley Fever? I have never heard of that.

Valley Fever? I have never heard of that.

Valley Fever is a lung disease caused by a fungus ? coccidioidomycosis ? that thrives in hot, dry areas such as the Southwestern U.S. People get the infection if they inhale fungus-released spores.

"In places like California's Central Valley and Phoenix urban populations are getting up close and personal with these desert areas," Galgiani said.

The illness isn't new to the region or limited to just ball players spending time in Arizona. Most people in the Southwest are exposed, and the fungus is often spread when desert soils are disturbed. It is prevalent among agriculture and construction workers.

For many of those infected, Valley Fever usually goes away without major problems. But in severe cases it can cause chronic pneumonia and infections in bones and joints. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are at higher risk. Also, Asian and blacks are at a higher risk for reasons that are unclear, said Benjamin Parke, a medical officer with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://wwwp.dailyclimate.org/tdc-newsroom/2013/05/baseball-valley-fever-climate

I wish I felt a different way, but it is what it is. There is NO WAY this organization pays CD what he will be worth. It will take 5/100 at minimum and that just ain't happening.

If that is true, than I don't want to be an Orioles fan anymore.

I guess you can say that about any star that we are going to draft or trade for, so what's the point of even following this team?

We made a great trade to get a stud offensive player and we are going to let him walk away because he's worth alot in baseball. Why even own the team if you aren't going to sign your own home grown talent.

I guess this is really going to vere it's ugly head, in a few years, when it becomes manny's turn to get paid. He will be the next Cal Ripken, of this town, by then. Are we going to let him walk away too?

You have to keep the good talent in your organization or else, what's the point of even following them anymore?

If that is true, than I don't want to be an Orioles fan anymore.

I guess you can say that about any star that we are going to draft or trade for, so what's the point of even following this team?

We made a great trade to get a stud offensive player and we are going to let him walk away because he's worth alot in baseball. Why even own the team if you aren't going to sign your own home grown talent.

I guess this is really going to vere it's ugly head, in a few years, when it becomes manny's turn to get paid. He will be the next Cal Ripken, of this town, by then. Are we going to let him walk away too?

You have to keep the good talent in your organization or else, what's the point of even following them anymore?

A MLB team has never sold for less then it was purchased for.

It is normally an extremely profitable business to buy into.

Having followed him closely the past few years (I own him in a dynasty). He got Valley Fever and his swing opened up, which is why he struggled so badly. At the end of the season the Met's coaching staff "fixed" his swing and he went back to driving the ball.

I think he could return to his former self with a winter under his belt to his full strength. He could probably be a .260 hitter with plus plus power if he keeps the holes out of his swing.

Wow you are very sure that will happen. No one knows the future. Now maybe

you think you can read the tea leaves or signs in the sky to see the future. Now I

am sorry for this but I believe you have such a strong dislike for PA and or DD

you are trying to figure out the future of stars like Chris Davis. That is an exercise

in futility. We don't know. Sorry

History tells me that Scott Boras will want max value for both Davis and Wieters

History also tells me Pete does not pay market value for in house extensions (Jones, Mussina, etc)

That combo tells me it highly unlikely either sign unless the O's decide to pony up close to market value. Don't expect any Boras client to give a home team discount

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

History tells me that Scott Boras will want max value for both Davis and Wieters

History also tells me Pete does not pay market value for in house extensions (Jones, Mussina, etc)

That combo tells me it highly unlikely either sign unless the O's decide to pony up close to market value. Don't expect any Boras client to give a home team discount

Markakis deal was market value and Roberts deal was above market value.

Markakis deal was market value and Roberts deal was above market value.

Markakis you can argue

Roberts.....was slightly undervalued. Had Roberts continued to put up the numbers he was when he signed it would have been a bargain. Your judging the Roberts contract retrospectively IMO

Not saying the O's can't sign either guy but if I had to bet my house I would bet it on those guys hitting FA especially since Boras is the agent

All I know is keeping both and getting a draft pick if they don't resign is for us a recipe for long term futility. The O's have to figure out if its feasible to sign one or both and get the max they can if it's not

Markakis you can argue

Roberts.....was slightly undervalued. Had Roberts continued to put up the numbers he was when he signed it would have been a bargain. Your judging the Roberts contract retrospectively IMO

Not saying the O's can't sign either guy but if I had to bet my house I would bet it on those guys hitting FA especially since Boras is the agent

All I know is keeping both and getting a draft pick if they don't resign is for us a recipe for long term futility. The O's have to figure out if its feasible to sign one or both and get the max they can if it's not

Roberts got 4/40.

The season Roberts would have been a free agent Orlando Hudson, coming off an AS game appearance and a GG got 1/5.

Archived