Orioles have agreed to terms with OF Tyler Colvin

Greg

Why wouldn't he be willing to go with that? That's the entire point of the signing being contingent on a physical. So the O's can back out if they see something they don't like.

It sounds like what's happening is exactly what you would want.

So Burnett wants to play? He narrows it down to either the Orioles or Pitt? He knows he's had injuries in the past. Yes seen two guys get deals nixed due to failed physicals. Who does he go to?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why wouldn't he be willing to go with that? That's the entire point of the signing being contingent on a physical. So the O's can back out if they see something they don't like.

It sounds like what's happening is exactly what you would want.

The question is why does this keep happening with the O's. If they see a guy with one leg come into the office looking for a job as a runner, why even bother with the due diligence?

So Burnett wants to play? He narrows it down to either the Orioles or Pitt? He knows he's had injuries in the past. Yes seen two guys get deals nixed due to failed physicals. Who does he go to?

I think the Pirates have a pretty good idea of what they think of his health. I don't think a failed O's physical would dissuade them if they were interested.

Burnett's decision will have nothing to do with that. Good grief.

The question is why does this keep happening with the O's. If they see a guy with one leg come into the office looking for a job as a runner, why even bother with the due diligence?

It takes a lot of effort to build a good team without a lot of money.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Maybe the guys who flunk the orioles physical can form their own team</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">January 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Maybe the guys who flunk the orioles physical can form their own team</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="
">January 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yea, they can pay each other. :rolleyes:

What happened Heyman did a Boras client fail an O's physical?

I think the Pirates have a pretty good idea of what they think of his health. I don't think a failed O's physical would dissuade them if they were interested.

Exactly. But would it dissuade Burnett from signing with the O's to begin with? Manny is going to have scar tissue on his knee. Could he even pass a physical if he were to extend? I'm sure Sisters knees don't look the best after all the catching he's done. I'm sure Boras takes these things into consideration. Would he even allow the risk of allowing his client to take an O's physical and take the risk of a failed physical in Baltimore hurting Wieters market? I don't know. But I imagine the rep of a hard physical could have long-term ramifications. Maybe not.

Exactly. But would it dissuade Burnett from signing with the O's to begin with? Manny is going to have scar tissue on his knee. Could he even pass a physical if he were to extend? I'm sure Sisters knees don't look the best after all the catching he's done. I'm sure Boras takes these things into consideration. Would he even allow the risk of allowing his client to take an O's physical and take the risk of a failed physical in Baltimore hurting Wieters market? I don't know. But I imagine the rep of a hard physical could have long-term ramifications. Maybe not.

You don't think Matt takes a yearly physical?

And so does Balfour. He obviously passed one in Oakland last year.

What does that have to do with Boras?

You said "Would he even allow the risk of allowing his client to take an O's physical and take the risk of a failed physical in Baltimore hurting Wieters market?"

WTF does Balfour and Oakland's medical staff have to do with anything?

You think the O's handed Davis 10M w/out a physical?

Davis is a Boras client.

Archived