Orioles have agreed to terms with OF Tyler Colvin

Greg

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because DAVIS, who is a Boras client, in all probability just had and passed an O's physical when he agreed to terms.

What does that have to do with Wieters? Davis isn't a C. I made it clear that Wieters will most likely have a lot of wear and tear due to catching. Wear and tear that will show up on an MIR.

I think that you are off the mark. I don't think Peter Angelos knows who Tyler Colvin is.
I bet he does. Every thing I've ever read about him, indicates is he is very hands on, a quick study, a tireless worker, and surprisingly knowledgeable about what is going on in baseball.

What does that have to do with Wieters? Davis isn't a C. I made it clear that Wieters will most likely have a lot of wear and tear due to catching. Wear and tear that will show up on an MIR.

You are aware that Davis has a less then clean medical history right?

Wait, you might not, you didn't know about Balfour and the Nats till a few minutes ago...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-08-16/sports/bs-sp-orioles-davis-0817-20110816_1_shoulder-zach-britton-brian-matusz

An MRI revealed wear and tear on his labrum and rotator cuff. Davis wanted to play through it, but his condition is not getting any better.

You are aware that Davis has a less then clean medical history right?

Wait, you might not, you didn't know about Balfour and the Nats till a few minutes ago...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-08-16/sports/bs-sp-orioles-davis-0817-20110816_1_shoulder-zach-britton-brian-matusz

It is why he could not be a thirdbaseman. The Orioles were aware of the issue when they traded for him and it is one of the reasons that he was available.

Six mil for O'Flaherty is a little different than 18m for Balfour.

18? Where did you get that? Orioles were at 2/$15. Surely he would have signed for that or less to stay in Oakland. They made no effort to keep him. They chose to overpay JJ instead and sign O'Flaherty and Gregorson instead. They have spent a large percentage of their total salary budget on the bullpen this off season and wanted no part of Balfour. Oakland did not want Balfour.

Archived