Orioles are around 79m right now. (Update: $83M)

Greg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just for a bit of perspective...after signing Kershaw..and with the contracts of Grienke and the possible addition of Tanaka, it is possible that the

Dodgers could have 3 pitchers in their rotation that earn roughly the same payroll as the Orioles have right now...

Their tv rights deal is 8 billion dollars. Over 335 million per year in TV rights alone.

I am sorry most forget and the FO ignores the fact the O's are the St. Louis Browns which makes the franchise 112 years old. That we'll gladly wear a throw back uniform from the St. Louis Browns in a throw back game against the Cards in 2003 ( a series that I flew out to watch and had the pleasure of watching Ponson throw a gem) but ignore while the O's have a deep history, the Franchise from start to finish has a history in baseball that rivals Yankees, Dodgers and Cards.

It's really sad we ignore it. Case in point thinking the O's only started in 1954.

You're one of of the great comedians of our era, but I think you're the only one that doesn't realize it.

What really makes it a fun rabbit hole to jump down is technically the Yankees were once the Orioles too so we get to just add that total into our column as well.

And now the 14 years of wretchedness Angelos put the fanbase through is looking smaller and smaller.

Orioles as a bird species have probably been on the planet how many tens of millions of years too...

Then when you follow the Orioles evolutionary chain back to dinosaurs and back further to single-celled organisms...

Really the Angelos-driven 14 years of losing is like the blink of an eye now.

Mmm HMMMM *snaps fingers 3 times*

I root for the Baltimore Orioles Major League baseball team, a team that did not exist in 1953.

Until Burnett retires I'm in on him, and Arroyo won't get destroyed. I'd expect 200 IP at around 4 ERA. We could use that. You won't get 200 IP from Garza.

Depending on the contract, I'd be fine with Arroyo. I think he's probably closer to a 4.50 ERA with 200 IP, which still has some value. If we could get him for 1-2 years at around 10M per, I'd sign him. Anything more, and I'd rather just sign someone like Saunders.

Until Burnett retires I'm in on him, and Arroyo won't get destroyed. I'd expect 200 IP at around 4 ERA. We could use that. You won't get 200 IP from Garza.

I think he'll be a little above low 4 but I agree he won't get destroyed. Innings eater that we desperately need. Plus a good veteran influence. I almost want Arroyo more than Burnett right now.

You're one of of the great comedians of our era, but I think you're the only one that doesn't realize it.

I root for the Baltimore Orioles Major League baseball team, a team that did not exist in 1953.

You can root for whoever the hell you want.. But facts are facts.

Just for a bit of perspective...after signing Kershaw..and with the contracts of Grienke and the possible addition of Tanaka, it is possible that the

Dodgers could have 3 pitchers in their rotation that earn roughly the same payroll as the Orioles have right now...

Baltimore 105.7 FM sports talk show host Ken Weinman must follow you here on the Hangout, Roy. He just mentioned that fact on the air about 15 minutes ago.

Baltimore 105.7 FM sports talk show host Ken Weinman must follow you here on the Hangout, Roy. He just mentioned that fact on the air about 15 minutes ago.

Why not just update to 92 million as that is what will be if we lose arbitration to Wieters. So if the payroll is 100 million that gives 8 million to add. Doesn't sound like that is enough to get a quality starter. So I assume whomever else we will sign will be another player no one else wants.

Archived