Orioles are around 79m right now. (Update: $83M)

Greg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the scale of the orioles 14 years is a few years. But those 300ks differences add up. You miss by 300k on 5 players that's $1.5 miss on projections.

This is assuming all the misses are in the same direction (ie - either in player or team favor), what if they are in opposite directions, they could net out and you could be 300K off on four players, but pretty much right on in the total amount.

That happens every year. Almost all players and teams settle before going to a hearing.

Arbitration hearings are a miserable experience for all involved. Basically the player has to sit in a room and listen to the team talk about his flaws and why he shouldn't get the contract he's asking for.

Last year was actually the first year (at least in a long time) that zero arbitration cases made it to trial.

Jones- 13.3m

Markakis-15m

Lough- 495k

Davis- 10.3m

Flaherty- 495k

Hardy- 7m

Manny- 495k

Wieters- TBD

Reimold- 1m

Pearce- 700k

Urrutia -500k

Young -1.2m

Colvin- TBD

Tillman- 500k

Chen- 4m

Gonzalez- 500k

Norris- 5.3m

Britton- 500k

Webb- 2.2m

Hunter-3m

O'day- 3.2m

Patton-1.0m (after deducting 25 games)

S Johnson- 500k

Matusz- 2.4m

McFarland-500k

Total 78.1m Add 4m for the other players on 40man

Updated.

danconn_normal.jpgDan Connolly@danconnollysun<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">5m</small>

Accdg to @Joelsherman Matusz has agreed to a $2.4M deal, up from $1.6M in 2013, to avoid arb. That would leave Wieters

I wonder what Matt will do.

If he doesn't agree to terms he is going to get smacked down in Arbitration.

• @
    masnOrioles

<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">
    6m
    </small>

RT
    @
    masnRoch
    :
    #
    orioles
    and Wieters are exchanging figures

• Retweet

• Favorite

• <button type="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" aria-haspopup="true" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none; font-size: 12px; color: rgb(221, 221, 221);">
      More
      </button>

[*]

HXl-JMQH_normal.jpeg

@
    masnRoch

<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">
    7m
    </small>

orioles

and Wieters are exchanging figures

You're either trolling here or incapable of simple math.

~24% of the franchise's existence =/= "a few years."

I am sorry most forget and the FO ignores the fact the O's are the St. Louis Browns which makes the franchise 112 years old. That we'll gladly wear a throw back uniform from the St. Louis Browns in a throw back game against the Cards in 2003 ( a series that I flew out to watch and had the pleasure of watching Ponson throw a gem) but ignore while the O's have a deep history, the Franchise from start to finish has a history in baseball that rivals Yankees, Dodgers and Cards.

It's really sad we ignore it. Case in point thinking the O's only started in 1954.

I am sorry most forget and the FO ignores the fact the O's are the St. Louis Browns which makes the franchise 112 years old. That we'll gladly wear a throw back uniform from the St. Louis Browns in a throw back game against the Cards in 2003 ( a series that I flew out to watch and had the pleasure of watching Ponson throw a gem) but ignore while the O's have a deep history, the Franchise from start to finish has a history in baseball that rivals Yankees, Dodgers and Cards.

It's really sad we ignore it. Case in point thinking the O's only started in 1954.

So the Ravens have the Browns history and the Colts have Baltimore's? Not sure that I understand this point.

The Baltimore Orioles started in 1954 from my perspective. What happened to Bill Veeck is irrelevant to me. And Milwaukee? Not even.

If we want to get really technical- Pearce is making $850K, not $700. Young's deal is $1.0MM, not $1.2MM. I would probably include Aceves in the bullpen, who is $1.2MM, instead of Johnson or McFarland.

Matt will get 8 million. We are easily sitting at 88 million without signing or trading for our front-line pitcher. I expect an OD payroll of 105 million.

Archived