Orioles are around 79m right now. (Update: $83M)

Greg

Why not just update to 92 million as that is what will be if we lose arbitration to Wieters. So if the payroll is 100 million that gives 8 million to add. Doesn't sound like that is enough to get a quality starter. So I assume whomever else we will sign will be another player no one else wants.

I believe we can spend 105 million. So that might be enough.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not just update to 92 million as that is what will be if we lose arbitration to Wieters. So if the payroll is 100 million that gives 8 million to add. Doesn't sound like that is enough to get a quality starter. So I assume whomever else we will sign will be another player no one else wants.
$83.05M includes $8M for Wieters. Payroll without Wieters is $75.05M. Therefore, payroll ranges between $81.55M-$83.80M. It's more likely Wieters will split the difference - $82.675M, or close to $9M below the 2013 Opening Day payroll.

You can root for whoever the hell you want.. But facts are facts.

Yes, they are.

My favorite team, the Baltimore Orioles, are celebrating their 60th anniversary this year. That's a fact. Under the... *ahem* leadership... of Peter Angelos, they were a dysfunctional joke for ~1/4 of their existence. That's also a fact.

I wonder how much of Petey playing poor this offseason has to do with the Nationals. He was able to set up a sweet deal with MLB to create a RSN because he said another team would kill the Orioles market. The Nationals want more MASN money. Petey doesn't want to give that up. So as usual, the fans suffer.

$83.05M includes $8M for Wieters. Payroll without Wieters is $75.05M. Therefore, payroll ranges between $81.55M-$83.80M. It's more likely Wieters will split the difference - $82.675M, or close to $9M below the 2013 Opening Day payroll.

Ok so if we win the abritraion on Wieters that is 81.55 million

20 million posting fee + 120 million = 140 million dollars / 6 years = 23.3 million

+81.55

=104.85 wow right under the 105 million dollar budget. Masahiro Tanaka welcome to the Baltimore Orioles.

I understand why people do it, but I don't really think it's fair to jump the gun and say payroll has been cut prior to the 2014 payroll being established.

Sure. It's a long offseason and it's not over. Further, there are several expected salary dumps expected between now and Opennig Day of over-priced, yet productive major leaguers.

Archived