Orioles are around 79m right now. (Update: $83M)

Greg

So the Ravens have the Browns history and the Colts have Baltimore's? Not sure that I understand this point.

What really makes it a fun rabbit hole to jump down is technically the Yankees were once the Orioles too so we get to just add that total into our column as well.

And now the 14 years of wretchedness Angelos put the fanbase through is looking smaller and smaller.

Orioles as a bird species have probably been on the planet how many tens of millions of years too...

Then when you follow the Orioles evolutionary chain back to dinosaurs and back further to single-celled organisms...

Really the Angelos-driven 14 years of losing is like the blink of an eye now.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What really makes it a fun rabbit hole to jump down is technically the Yankees were once the Orioles too so we get to just add that total into our column as well.

And now the 14 years of wretchedness Angelos put the fanbase through is looking smaller and smaller.

Orioles as a bird species have probably been on the planet how many tens of millions of years too...

Then when you follow the Orioles evolutionary chain back to dinosaurs and back further to single-celled organisms...

Whoa man, great post. Thought provoking as well. Where have you been? I thought I was going to have to fabricate a MASN doesn't make any money post to smoke you out.

I am sorry most forget and the FO ignores the fact the O's are the St. Louis Browns which makes the franchise 112 years old. That we'll gladly wear a throw back uniform from the St. Louis Browns in a throw back game against the Cards in 2003 ( a series that I flew out to watch and had the pleasure of watching Ponson throw a gem) but ignore while the O's have a deep history, the Franchise from start to finish has a history in baseball that rivals Yankees, Dodgers and Cards.

It's really sad we ignore it. Case in point thinking the O's only started in 1954.

This is total BS. The issue is in the context of estimating arbitration numbers. They didn't have arbitration when the Browns were in St. Louis. :rolleyestf:

It might be me, but it seams that most of the clubs are signing about all of their arb players prior to going to the hearing.

Its like they all are afraid of losing and paying more money.

...Or the players are afraid of losing and receiving less money. It takes two to tango.

Every year, there are many more cases where both sides come to an agreement than cases that actually go to arbitration. That works to the benefit of both the teams and the players.

I touched a 200 hundred million year old rock on Tuesday. It puts things in perspective.

Whoa man, great post. Thought provoking as well. Where have you been? I thought I was going to have to fabricate a MASN doesn't make any money post to smoke you out.

I've been so bored with this offseason I would say I've been coming on the OH about 1/50th what I used to. Plus, my particular line of work has always made the MASN subject one of personal interest.

Debating the potential of a dumpster-diving offseason just doesn't get me particularly enthusiastic. But like everyone else, I'll be revved up come opening day.

The Baltimore Orioles started in 1954 from my perspective. What happened to Bill Veeck is irrelevant to me. And Milwaukee? Not even.

And that's fine. But what happen to Veeck was a down right crime. He would have been the "first" primary owner of the O's but got screwed by Yankees and another. Hell, Veeck despite not being an O's owner played a huge role in getting a team to Baltimore and finding a player named Harold Baines. ;)

I've been so bored with this offseason I would say I've been coming on the OH about 1/50th what I used to. Plus, my particular line of work has always made the MASN subject one of personal interest.

Debating the potential of a dumpster-diving offseason just doesn't get me particularly enthusiastic. But like everyone else, I'll be revved up come opening day.

It was always clear from your posts that the MASN thing was more than a passing interest. Yup, despite this wretched offseason, I have to admit the photos from the mini-camp got my juices flowing for some baseball. I made flight and hotel arrangements for a handful games this week in fact.

If we want to get really technical- Pearce is making $850K, not $700. Young's deal is $1.0MM, not $1.2MM. I would probably include Aceves in the bullpen, who is $1.2MM, instead of Johnson or McFarland.

Both Baseball Reference and MLBTR are saying 700K for Pearce. Are you seeing 850K somewhere? Link please.

Here is what I have:

O's 2014 projected salaries

Extend Davis 8/147m

Extend Wieters 6/88m plus a 15M vesting option

Extend Hardy 3/39m

1) 15m Markakis -RF

2) 13m Jones - CF

3) 10.3m Davis - 1B

4) 8M Hardy - SS

5) 7.9m Wieters - C

6) (Open for starter)

7) 5.3m Norris - SP1

8) 4.072m Chen - SP2

9) 3.2m O'Day - RP1

10) 3m Hunter - RP2

11) 2.4m Matusz - RP3

12) 2.25m Webb - RP4

13) 1.275m Patton - RP8 (restricted list)

14) 1.2m Aceves - RP5

15) 1.025 Reimold - OF/DH

16) 1m Young - RH DH

17) .7m Pearce - OF/DH (Almanzar)(will not make the team)

18) .555 Peguero - OF

19) .52m Tillman - SP3

20) .51m Gonzalez - SP4

21) .5m Lough - LF

22) .5m Machado - 3B

23) .5m Flaherty - 2B

24) .5m Clevenger - BU C

25) .5m Stinson - RP6

26) .5m Weeks or De Jesus - IF

27) .083m McFarland/S Johnson - RP7(replacement for Patton)

Total 84.29M

And that's fine. But what happen to Veeck was a down right crime. He would have been the "first" primary owner of the O's but got screwed by Yankees and another. Hell, Veeck despite not being an O's owner played a huge role in getting a team to Baltimore and finding a player named Harold Baines. ;)

We do have a thread in regard to Veeck and his connection to the Orioles, as well as his tenure as the owner for the Browns before they moved to Baltimore.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/132811-Branch-Rickey-Connection-to-Baltimore-Orioles-(St-Louis-Browns)

You're welcome to chime in. :)

Archived