Source: O's working on Fernando Rodney...

Bazooka Jones

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He also had fewer chances than JJ, which stands to reason that if he had more saves he would have blown some more than he did. Having an excellent pitching staff helped cut down on the number of times he was needed.

Maybe. Doesn't matter. Its not Johnson vs Rodney in 2014. Its Rodney vs Hunter. I like Rodney over Hunter. I was against trading JJ. The Orioles put themselves in this position.

All that sounds pretty good. My dislike comes more from the whole bow and arrow thing.

I didn't mean to say Rodney was a low character guy, though obviously my post seems to imply this. I was more going on a tangent about how, despite not caring much for Rodney's demeanor, I much prefer that sort of behavior to Young's or, especially, KRod's.

For me, it comes down to whether or not their behavior is harmless. Rodney is harmless fun (or misery, depending on the outcome).

Maybe. Doesn't matter. Its not Johnson vs Rodney in 2014. Its Rodney vs Hunter. I like Rodney over Hunter. I was against trading JJ. The Orioles put themselves in this position.

Well, as I said, it depends on the contract. If they get Rodney for 2/12 or 2/14, then the JJ move was probably a good one. Anything more than that, though, is likely a lateral move and possibly a regression.

Well, as I said, it depends on the contract. If they get Rodney for 2/12 or 2/14, then the JJ move was probably a good one. Anything more than that, though, is likely a lateral move and possibly a regression.

I'm ok with a 2/14 deal for Rodney. 100 mph TH with that nasty change is fun to watch...when he's on.

I gotta say, this just isn't true. If you're cited by MLBTR and Rosenthal, then you have to be legit. What other standards for legitness are we looking for?

I agree, and I don't think there's a whole lot of question about it at this point.

As far as the real news, I can't say that I'm really excited about the prospect of Rodney saving. I live just 90 minutes from Tampa and he really struggled last year. I was actually kind of hoping the Orioles would find their own in-house solution. I thought Aceves might be up for the task. My reasoning there was that it might lend more money to getting a quality starter.

In the end it appears like the Rays come out ahead on this deal. We'll see!

And here's the 'significant' part:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> add pitcher Aaron Laffey, native of Cumberland, MD on a minor league deal.</p>— Andrew Rickli (@AndrewRickli) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewRickli/statuses/426446519701479424">January 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just kidding. I hope.

Archived