Opening Day Tix

OrangeJerseys

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is everyone else being charged convenience fees online? Something stinks here.

I had an issue with this for a group night. When I called my rep no fees, but if I tried to do it online a $1.00 per ticket fee was assessed. Rep told me that they went to tickets.com and all online transactions will have a fee. If you want to avoid the fee you need to call your rep or go to the box office.

Sounds like for Opening Day they are pushing everyone back online. In past I've bought Club for Opening Day but this year the options I had were the entire Upper Deck, and LF and Lower Reserved. When I searched LR between the bases I got nothing. Ended up with second row upper deck Section 352. I'm ok with that.

I had an issue with this for a group night. When I called my rep no fees, but if I tried to do it online a $1.00 per ticket fee was assessed. Rep told me that they went to tickets.com and all online transactions will have a fee. If you want to avoid the fee you need to call your rep or go to the box office.

Sounds like for Opening Day they are pushing everyone back online. In past I've bought Club for Opening Day but this year the options I had were the entire Upper Deck, and LF and Lower Reserved. When I searched LR between the bases I got nothing. Ended up with second row upper deck Section 352. I'm ok with that.

Well that just sucks. I'm looking at $14 in fees for two freaking tickets. Unreal. These never applied to season ticket holders before.

You should be fine. Rows 10 and back are where you have the issues. At worse you wouldn't be able to see the very top of the highest scoreboard. I had season tickets in section 17 row 10 last year and could see most of the scoreboard but leaning down I could see it all, best thing is you have tv's above you that allows you to see replays the rest of the stadium doesn't get to see. You will like those seats.

True, the TVs are nice, but remember that the fans at the stadium will get to see replays on the Jumbotron starting this year. It's part of the new instant replay rules.

I got this now I am in a wait line on the phone! I should of stayed home and do this. Could get on at work, just spinning and then when I did it says no seats available.

Just keep trying....I got that message 20 times, but then it lets you in. The phone will get you nowhere.

Thanks to a friend, I got 2 seats in 334 and 2 seats in 354.

We're going to Opening Day! :2yay-thumb: How bout Yoo(n)?

So people with tickets to multiple locations can not log on and buy tickets. They are hoping to have a fix soon. Got off the phone with me and I have to check through out the day to see if my account access has been fixed.

So the more packages I buy the more I get secured!

I have 2 mini plans in different locations and I had no problem buying 4 tickets this morning.

Just keep trying....I got that message 20 times, but then it lets you in. The phone will get you nowhere.

That's a good friend. We are in 326.

Is everyone else being charged convenience fees online? Something stinks here.

Yes, this is really messed up. They advertise that season ticket holders can buy additional tickets and never pay service charges. However, if you buy online you have to. They force you to use the online system for opening day. I know we are still getting tickets way cheaper than the general public, but when you advertise as part of the Orange Carpet program "no convenience fees", then I would say that's false advertising. I assume that the fees go towards some third party company, but in my opinion the Orioles should cover those fees for us season ticket holders.

That's awesome. How were you able to buy 2 pairs? I know earlier you had said you needed 3 tickets and your rep told you no. Did you end up getting a second mini plan??

Edit: Never mind, I now see that you had a friend help you. Glad it ended up working out for you. Still very disappointed with the way your rep has treated you.

Archived