Should the O's acquire Burnett?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's acquire Burnett?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In general I am not in favor of signing a veteran player to his last contract. I feel they are just adding to their bank account for retirement with no future consequence. I do have exceptions to that rule, essentially that that player has significant ties to the team prior to the last contract.

When Burnett was with the Yankees, I didn't care too much for the body language he displayed or his performance. Maybe it was just the NY pressure. Steve M asked Palmer about Burnett and he seemed pretty neutral (at best) about his chances of being an important addition to the team.

I hope I am wrong if the O's sign him. But, I get the feeling that folks here are so anxious for any move, that they get overly excited about potential moves.

Out of the 142 posters that have voted "Yes" so far, I'm hoping that we can get 100 of them to pitch in the $5 bucks apiece that we need in order to entice Burnett into signing with us with that $500 O.H. bonus of ours. ;)

Rays right-hander and 2011 American League Rookie of the Year Jeremy Hellickson underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow last week and is expected to be sidelined until mid-to-late May, reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.

Archived