Arroyo agrees with DBacks.

Greg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The dimensions of Coors are much bigger than OPACY. The reason batting averages are so high there is the outfield is enormous.

LF line: OPACY 333, Coors 347

LF alley: OPACY 364, Coors 390

CF: OPACY 410, Coors 415

RCF: OPACY 373, Coors 375

RF line: OPACY 318, Coors 350

The left-center alley fence needs to be moved back, at least 15 feet and maybe 20-25. 364 is a joke. Is there a mlb stadium with a shorter LF alley than that? That area of OPACY gives up a huge number of cheap HR's.

Ok guys! Here is the way the O's should proceed with finding a FA pitcher. Get a list of the five best GB pitchers and offer them all the same contract and see who bites.

With the O's INF defense a GB pitcher who is worth his salt would be crazy NOT to come here.

For all the ragging in this thread on Arroyo, one would think that the Orioles pitching staff was made up of 5 Cy Young Award winners by comparison. I will venture a prediction right now that Arroyo puts up better numbers than any pitcher not named Tillman on the Orioles staff this year.

No, let's just keep the same pitching staff that surrendered the most HRs in baseball and it was not even close.

Although none of us know what this pitching staff will ultimately look like, I count at least 10 pitchers who gave up 66 home runs last year who are no longer on the team :

• Jason Hammel 22
  • Scott Feldman 9
  • Jim Johnson 5
  • Freddy Garcia 16
  • Jake Arrieta 2
  • Pedro Strop 4
  • Francisco Rodriguez 5
  • Jair Jurrjens 1
  • Jairo Ascencio 1
  • Luis Alaya 1

Although none of us know what this pitching staff will ultimately look like, I count at least 10 pitchers who gave up 66 home runs last year who are no longer on the team :
  • Jason Hammel 22
  • Scott Feldman 9
  • Jim Johnson 5
  • Freddy Garcia 16
  • Jake Arrieta 2
  • Pedro Strop 4
  • Francisco Rodriguez 5
  • Jair Jurrjens 1
  • Jairo Ascencio 1
  • Luis Alaya 1

Oh yes, and their replacements as currently on the 40 man roster will do much better in 2014, no doubt in my mind.

• Jason Hammel 22
  • Scott Feldman 9
  • Jim Johnson 5
  • Freddy Garcia 16
  • Jake Arrieta 2
  • Pedro Strop 4
  • Francisco Rodriguez 5
  • Jair Jurrjens 1
  • Jairo Ascencio 1
  • Luis Alaya 1

Wow! He gave up that many homers!? Did he even pitch a 1/4 season for the O's?

Edit: 16 homers in 53 innings :eek:

Archived