Orioles looking to go cheap WHATS NEW

Greg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chen made 32 starts in 2012. Gonzo made 28 starts with 15 days on the DL (or roughly 3 to 4 starts).

Great news about Chen. I just don't have faith that he can go the whole season without some rest. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. Just that I think more depth in the rotation would be a huge boon to this team.

I figure that's what the sun is for. If it takes a week to melt then so it shall be.

Yeah, I just cleared the snow off the top, shoveled a little behind where I drive out and tried to clear the gutter. Water has been pooling and freezing, I'm on solid ice. Melt is running off better but still not good. More snow coming in hours, trying to stay ahead.

Yeah, I just cleared the snow off the top, shoveled a little behind where I drive out and tried to clear the gutter. Water has been pooling and freezing, I'm on solid ice. Melt is running off better but still not good. More snow coming in hours, trying to stay ahead.

I've officially given up. So so ready for the season to start.

Deal, can you also accept dumping Hammel was good as well? :scratchchinhmm: If you do we could be close to a Kumbya moment.

Actually, I did respond to that when I said they may have off games (days off). Happens. But Chen pitched a full season his first year and was new to the 5 day rotation, instead of 7 days he got in Japan and he got injured last year and missed almost 2 months. So we can't assume he won't give us 32 games in 2014. Gonzo pitched 28 games and spent 15 days on DL. So it's not hard to think they could pitch 32 games.

I'll extend an olive branch on the Saunders/Nate deal. :)

As for Chen and MGon - Chen pitched a full year, but if you remember, he really wore down towards the end and then pitched well in the ALDS. We need a strong year from him and MGon for the entire season. Those two are good pitchers, and we are right to count on them. But we need them to make all their starts, barring unforeseen injury.

I'll extend an olive branch on the Saunders/Nate deal. :)

As for Chen and MGon - Chen pitched a full year, but if you remember, he really wore down towards the end and then pitched well in the ALDS. We need a strong year from him and MGon for the entire season. Those two are good pitchers, and we are right to count on them. But we need them to make all their starts, barring unforeseen injury.

Again, Chen was new to a 5 man rotation. Tanaka will have the same problem Chen had in 2012. As both pitched on 7 days rest in Japan. That's a pretty important fact.

Archived