Schoop a big, strong man

Slade-OH

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if Schoop becomes, by the end of spring training, the greatest individual player in the history of teamed sport? Does he make the roster then?

Yes. But I don't think a few home runs early in spring training will get him anywhere. Showing decent plate discipline all spring long (especially in the 2nd half of the spring when the pitching is better), playing solid defense AND hitting some prodigious dingers might get him on the roster.

Hrm....

1) L Markakis

2) R Machado

3) L Davis

4) R Jones

5) R Cruz

6) S Wieters

7) R Hardy

8) L Lough

9) R Schoop

Considering Wieters has a better split as a RH hitter, that's a little shaky through the middle of the lineup. Jones and Cruz do have good splits I know; still, that's RH heavy.

On the flip side, Machado-Hardy-Schoop are all RH hitters and Flaherty could get plenty of playing time against RHP as a utility IF.

Yes. But I don't think a few home runs early in spring training will get him anywhere. Showing decent plate discipline all spring long (especially in the 2nd half of the spring when the pitching is better), playing solid defense AND hitting some prodigious dingers might get him on the roster.

I can't see it. I made the Drungo joke, but I really believe there is nothing he can do to break with the club. Needs seasoning.

Schoop was listed at 210 on BB-ref. and milb.com. If he's really 230, I do have to wonder if he'll be agile enough for 2B.

Can we wait and see how he handles the position? Kirby Puckett was as round as a basketball and did all right in the outfield. Then, of course, there was this guy named Ruth.

Is Schoop really going to be our 3B? Isn't our biggest need at 2B? Wouldn't it be best to Keep Hardy, Manny, and Schoop. Hes been primarily a middle infielder his whole minor league career. Even if we trade JJ I think you are still better with Schoop at 2B.

Is Schoop really going to be our 3B? Isn't our biggest need at 2B? Wouldn't it be best to Keep Hardy, Manny, and Schoop. Hes been primarily a middle infielder his whole minor league career. Even if we trade JJ I think you are still better with Schoop at 2B.

If Flaherty is the player that Buck hopes he is, our biggest need will be 3B. Keep in mind that Flaherty is a plus defender and has plus power for his position. If he can get on base enough, he'll have good value at 2B.

Archived