2014 N.C.A.A. Tournament

OFFNY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just heard one of the announcers for the Oklahoma State vs. Gonzaga game just use the term "Hack a Polack."

I'm sure that there will be some backlash from that, although he apologized twice a few minutes later.

I just heard one of the announcers for the Oklahoma State vs. Gonzaga game just use the term "Hack a Polack."

I'm sure that there will be some backlash from that, although he apologized twice a few minutes later.

He said it more than once. Clearly an idiot.

He said it more than once. Clearly an idiot.

I think that he said it once.

He apologized more than once ...... at which point, co-announcer Mike Gminski said, "You're good. I'll take care of you."

North Carolina blew an 8-point lead with 3:56 left to play.

The Tar Heels go home, the Cyclones advance.

Horrible play down the stretch by UNC. They didn't get back on defense on two consecutive critical plays, and then of course at the end the guy had no idea how much time was left and basically dribbled the game away.

North Carolina blew an 8-point lead with 3:56 left to play.

The Tar Heels go home, the Cyclones advance.

Horrible play down the stretch by U.N.C. They didn't get back on defense on two consecutive critical plays, and then of course at the end the guy had no idea how much time was left and basically dribbled the game away.

Also, with 4 minutes to play, they were up by 8 points, and forced a turnover. Marcus Paige immediately shot a 3-point field goal attempt, and missed. Right after that, Iowa State (just a few seconds later) made a 3-point field goal of their own off of the fast break on the long rebound.

If you're up by 8 points with 4 minutes to play, and you force a turnover, you should probably set up a play, and at least take some time off of the clock ...... not immediately hoist up a 3, and give the opponent an opportunity to get the ball back right away and score immediately themselves, which is exactly what happened.

Not smart basketball at all.

Also, with 4 minutes to play, they were up by 8 points, and forced a turnover. Marcus Paige immediately shot a 3-point field goal attempt, and missed. Right after that, Iowa State (just a few seconds later) made a 3-point field goal of their own off of the fast break on the long rebound.

If you're up by 8 points with 4 minutes to play, and you force a turnover, you should probably set up a play, and at least take some time off of the clock ...... not immediately hoist up a 3, and give the opponent an opportunity to get the ball back right away and score immediately themselves, which is exactly what happened.

Doesn't usually happen with Roy's teams.

Doesn't usually happen with Roy's teams.

No, it doesn't.

In fact, there were was an E.S.P.N. article a few weeks ago that argued that Roy's coaching job of this particular team may have been his best yet since he took over as the Tar Heels' coach in 2003-04.

But if you choke mentally at crucial times, there isn't much that even a great coach can do for you.

Archived