Quietly, Steve Johnson has had a nice spring

Frobby

Which isn't to suggest that AM didn't bring in some very good players. Obviously, he did.

Every new GM plays the hand left him by the guy before. DD has done a very good job with what AM left behind. I don't think AM would have done as well.

Andy inherited squat after Bedard and Tejada. The minors were crap and the MLB team not much better. AM got the ball rolling and helped changed the direction of the franchise beginning the shift to developing our own players. DD has continued that theme with a vengance. Kicking over every rock and stone he can find in every country he can get to. We have to give credit where it is due. AM got the ball rolling and DD has been kicking it since.

Why on earth would they trade one of the guys that they can keep off the 25-man roster, when they stand to lose so many guys? Our current need to trade isn't driven by a need to fill gaps. It's driven by a need to get return on assets that we are about to lose for nothing.

We are talking Orioles here. For us as fans this is strange territory indeed. When was the last time we had a surplus of anything to trade? When was the last time we could even do a trade without having to worry about filling this hole or that or that we were creating a new hole to fill another of greater need? Like I said as an Oriole fan this is strange territory indeed. Nice but strange.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why on earth would they trade one of the guys that they can keep off the 25-man roster, when they stand to lose so many guys? Our current need to trade isn't driven by a need to fill gaps. It's driven by a need to get return on assets that we are about to lose for nothing.

The only pitching asset the O's might lose is Aceves, and I am not sure how much of a asset he is. Certainly Steve Johnson and Gausman can be kept on the 40 man roster and optioned to AAA. Meek is on a minor league contract and can stay at AAA until needed.

What asset are you worried about losing?

The only pitching asset the O's might lose is Aceves, and I am not sure how much of a asset he is. Certainly Steve Johnson and Gausman can be kept on the 40 man roster and optioned to AAA. Meek is on a minor league contract and can stay at AAA until needed.

What asset are you worried about losing?

De La Cruz and Stinson are at risk.

Andy inherited squat after Bedard and Tejada. The minors were crap and the MLB team not much better. AM got the ball rolling and helped changed the direction of the franchise beginning the shift to developing our own players. DD has continued that theme with a vengance. Kicking over every rock and stone he can find in every country he can get to. We have to give credit where it is due. AM got the ball rolling and DD has been kicking it since.

We are talking Orioles here. For us as fans this is strange territory indeed. When was the last time we had a surplus of anything to trade? When was the last time we could even do a trade without having to worry about filling this hole or that or that we were creating a new hole to fill another of greater need? Like I said as an Oriole fan this is strange territory indeed. Nice but strange.

The last real GM we had before Andy was Pat Gillick. And he was always a big payroll GM. Even Jim Duquette was not. We have been VERY fortunate to have had Andy and Dan. Very.

You want to keep them all.

I guess I do. I'm not a big Aceves or Delmon fan. Alex Gonzalez with his anemia, I could probably let go. I'm just not sure about Manny, so I might try to keep him. I'd option Steve to keep one of the out of option pitchers. And I really like Steve.

Archived