Reimold to DL

LookitsPuck

I feel bad for Nolan. Two surgeries and he's still having issues. It's hard to say if this is something that could resolve itself with a little more time to heal, or whether yet another surgery could be needed, or whether this simply is a problem that can't be fixed. In any event, it won't hurt us to let him spend some more time trying to regain flexibility and then go to Norfolk on a rehab assigment in a few weeks or months. If we eventually have to outright him to Norfolk, I'm relatively sure no team is going to claim him and pay his $1 mm.

I suspect that his neck is as good as it is getting. It's a shame. It took several surgeries for Peyton Manning to play again. For a different team.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This move is just a way to keep Nolan without having to release him. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree. Nolan is never going to be able to play outfield defense at an acceptable level with his neck. They are effectively sending him down to see if his bat is still good enough to warrant a spot on the team as a platoon DH/PH.

I suspect that his neck is as good as it is getting. It's a shame. It took several surgeries for Peyton Manning to play again. For a different team.

You may be right, but I'm not a doctor and I don't know if it's realistic to hope for further improvement with the passage of time. My brother had shoulder surgery a few years back, the recovery time took much longer than they expected and the process was somewhat painful, but eventually he got the desired results. Hope that happens for Nolan.

Well, I doubt he's just totally incapacitated as far as that goes but yes the neck issues have been dogging him for years now. Even though he's made brief reappearances it's basically been career ending to this point. The fact that it's a new year and the same injury is pretty concerning. Maybe he'll get right some day, maybe he'll be 30 or something by then, and maybe whatever team he's on at that point can bring him up and ride his hot hand for awhile and it'll be a nice little story. That seems to be about the best we can hope for at this point.

It's a sad thing that his career has had these injuries. Is it time maybe that he

retire? I would hate to think he could hurt himself more by playing ball.

It's a sad thing that his career has had these injuries. Is it time maybe that he

retire? I would hate to think he could hurt himself more by playing ball.

Good point, he has made a lot of $ I am sure and life is short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point, he has made a lot of $ I am sure and life is short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would depend on your definition of a lot of money.

I don't think he has made enough so that he and his growing family can live comfortably here on out. BBRef has him under two million in earnings before this season.

This is quite a serious issue, not being able to look upward with his neck, this sounds career ending ?

If he plays standing on his head, looking up shouldn't be an issue.

Seriously, a firm handshake, a gold watch and a heartfelt "thank you", and then spend him on his way.

Archived