Reimold to DL

LookitsPuck

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been a long time since you could get 6% on a savings account.

A long time. I guess you can put it in a Treasury Note for 10 years but that is only paying around 2.70 %. I know At&T ,one of the higher dividend stocks is paying around 5.5 % now. At&T stock price range has been from 30 to 40 dollars share since around 2000. AT&T stock price was over 50 in the 90's,so if you bought it then you would have lost some of your principal. AT&T can also cut or raise the dividend. Some State Government bonds were paying over 5% in the 90's but a lot of them got called cause the interest was so high. You also have to be careful you don't buy a bond that rate below an A rating and you could lose all your principal on that bond.

Now back to baseball.

Can we PUH-LEASE be done with Reimold now??? The conversation should have ended at least a year ago. Not sure why we are forced to have it every season...

Why, because you said so?

It isn't over, if it was, the FO wouldn't have resign him and give him another attempt to get back to the team, I guess they feel its worth the small investment $$$$ wise.

Granted, this is probably his last attempt, but chill, really.

Expecting Reimold to come back and perform like he did a long time ago for brief stretches, is like expecting Roberts to do so last year. What's funny is so many are still on the Reimold band wagon, even though it's wheels are falling off, and so many were in the Roberts lynch mob even though he had dome much more for the team for much longer. I guess the only thing that matters is how hard you run down to 1B.

Why, because you said so?

It isn't over, if it was, the FO wouldn't have resign him and give him another attempt to get back to the team, I guess they feel its worth the small investment $$$$ wise.

Granted, this is probably his last attempt, but chill, really.

Not because I said so (though I have been saying so for a long time), but because his presence every year as a "MAYBE he'll put it all together this spring" player is an old story that doesn't change, and which prevents us from pursuing a solid solution to LF/DH each off-season.

But go ahead, cling to the tiny hope that Reimold at any point is, in fact, that solution.

Not because I said so (though I have been saying so for a long time), but because his presence every year as a "MAYBE he'll put it all together this spring" player is an old story that doesn't change, and which prevents us from pursuing a solid solution to LF/DH each off-season.

But go ahead, cling to the tiny hope that Reimold at any point is, in fact, that solution.

How did his presence prevent us from pursuing a solid solution this year? Or, do you see trading for Lough, and signing Cruz and Young as something other than seeking a solid solution?

....and let's not forget that even when he's relatively healthy he could still have personal problems and get him out of the game for a long period of time.

Some people are not lucky enough to be healthy, others just don't have it in them.

Meanwhile we overlook other players because we're still hoping he can play another 30 good games in a row.

He had his chances.

Let. Him. Go.

How did his presence prevent us from pursuing a solid solution this year? Or, do you see trading for Lough, and signing Cruz and Young as something other than seeking a solid solution?

Good post, and I agree, the FO is going forward as if, Nolan isn't an option.

They feel, its worth the low risk to keep him in the picture and try and get him back, if it works, it can only be a benefit to the team.

I like the Lough deal. Cruz last I recalled played right field, and marginally well at best. Young has a butcher's block for a glove. But I also recall that players like Chin Soo Choo and Ellsbury were on the market this year. It's probably all too true that they would be outside of the O's comfort range from a salary perspective, but if the FO is constantly thinking, "well, MAYBE Reimold..." then they're not going to pull the trigger on much. And when I say "solid" solution, I mean "long-term" solution. Cruz is on a one-year deal, effectively rehabbing his image in Baltimore in the hopes of a more lucrative deal next year. I bet Reimold gets a look next year, too....

I like the Lough deal. Cruz last I recalled played right field, and marginally well at best. Young has a butcher's block for a glove. But I also recall that players like Chin Soo Choo and Ellsbury were on the market this year. It's probably all too true that they would be outside of the O's comfort range from a salary perspective, but if the FO is constantly thinking, "well, MAYBE Reimold..." then they're not going to pull the trigger on much. And when I say "solid" solution, I mean "long-term" solution. Cruz is on a one-year deal, effectively rehabbing his image in Baltimore in the hopes of a more lucrative deal next year. I bet Reimold gets a look next year, too....

Ellsbury is fighting yet another injury and while a very good player wasn't worth the high market value placed on him, likewise with Choo, he went for the top end of the market for his value.

I suspect Cruz will spend most of his time in DH, when Lough comes back healthy.

Ellsbury is fighting yet another injury and while a very good player wasn't worth the high market value placed on him, likewise with Choo, he went for the top end of the market for his value.

I suspect Cruz will spend most of his time in DH, when Lough comes back healthy.

Agree with all of this. Look, I'm not against platooning (having grown up with Brother Low, Benny Ayala and Gary Roenicke) in LF. And I'm not bashing Reimold's talent when healthy. But he's not healthy and likely won't ever be. So I don't want his continued state of limbo to affect how we look at available FAs when they become available... Let's hope Lough hits .300 with 18-20 pops and plays solid D. I'd think that would put the Reimold question to bed once and for all...

Archived