Reimold to DL

LookitsPuck

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to make sure that I have this straight:

(1) Reimold can DH, but he can't play the field due to an injury. So he's going to the DL.

(2) Delmon Young can DH, but he can't play the field due to utter inability to play defense. So he's making the opening day roster.

What am I missing here?

Just to make sure that I have this straight:

(1) Reimold can DH, but he can't play the field due to an injury. So he's going to the DL.

(2) Delmon Young can DH, but he can't play the field due to utter inability to play defense. So he's making the opening day roster.

What am I missing here?

There is a chance Nolan might get better?

I don't understand how a DL trip is supposed to solve the issue. His neck is fused, you have to expect some decrease in range of motion.

There is a chance Nolan might get better?

I don't understand how a DL trip is supposed to solve the issue. His neck is fused, you have to expect some decrease in range of motion.

If keeping Nolan out of action entirely could potentially enable him to recover more range of motion that would allow him to play the field in the future, then this makes sense.

Otherwise, we're just choosing between two righty hitters who are limited to DH duty--and I'd rather have Nolan Reimold than Delmon Young.

The only other way this makes sense is that we're hoping that Delmon gets off to a good start and we can peddle him to Seattle or some other team that needs a righty bat.

Archived