Reimold to DL

LookitsPuck

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is quite a serious issue, not being able to look upward with his neck, this sounds career ending ?
Well, I doubt he's just totally incapacitated as far as that goes but yes the neck issues have been dogging him for years now. Even though he's made brief reappearances it's basically been career ending to this point. The fact that it's a new year and the same injury is pretty concerning. Maybe he'll get right some day, maybe he'll be 30 or something by then, and maybe whatever team he's on at that point can bring him up and ride his hot hand for awhile and it'll be a nice little story. That seems to be about the best we can hope for at this point.

Well, I doubt he's just totally incapacitated as far as that goes but yes the neck issues have been dogging him for years now. Even though he's made brief reappearances it's basically been career ending to this point. The fact that it's a new year and the same injury is pretty concerning. Maybe he'll get right some day, maybe he'll be 30 or something by then, and maybe whatever team he's on at that point can bring him up and ride his hot hand for awhile and it'll be a nice little story. That seems to be about the best we can hope for at this point.

He's 30 now.

I feel bad for Nolan. Two surgeries and he's still having issues. It's hard to say if this is something that could resolve itself with a little more time to heal, or whether yet another surgery could be needed, or whether this simply is a problem that can't be fixed. In any event, it won't hurt us to let him spend some more time trying to regain flexibility and then go to Norfolk on a rehab assigment in a few weeks or months. If we eventually have to outright him to Norfolk, I'm relatively sure no team is going to claim him and pay his $1 mm.

Just read Roch's blog, and I'm glad to see that this is not a new development with his neck. He's had problems looking up to track fly balls since the beginning of spring training, which is why they've DHed him. He still has no restrictions hitting.

Now he can take some time off to rehab, go down to Norfolk, and get his swing all timed up.

Just read Roch's blog, and I'm glad to see that this is not a new development with his neck. He's had problems looking up to track fly balls since the beginning of spring training, which is why they've DHed him. He still has no restrictions hitting.

Now he can take some time off to rehab, go down to Norfolk, and get his swing all timed up.

Not sure that's encouraging though. It means his neck is well and truly f'd and this isn't something they just made up now to drop him on the DL to start the season.

It's great that there's no restriction in terms of swinging the bat but if he can't look up easily then I'd be surprised if his hitting is at 100% of his ability, and I'm also discouraged regarding the chances of this issue going away in the near-term.

Like Frobby said, though, we don't know if this is something they think can resolve itself or if it's something that needs more surgery or is permanent. But if he can DH only, his shot of making any team is greatly diminished.

So, like I said before, see if he turns up healthy somewhere in a few years. Only, yikes, didn't realize he's 30 already. Such a shame.

It is remarkable how the same tired joke just kept getting funnier and funnier as it kept get repeated in this thread.

Comedy writers should take note.

:rolleyes:

Yea, Reimold had a history with injuries, we get it already. It wasn't funny in 2012, it wasn't funny in 2013 and it isn't funny now.

Like I said last year he should just retire. His body is in bad shape why make it worse? I have no idea why the Orioles signed him this year.

Archived