Reimold to DL

LookitsPuck

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tell patients that after the type of surgery that Nolan had, you improve and get to 85% of where you will get to after 1 year and the other 15% the second year. 2 years after the surgery is the best you will get. And normally after a surgery like this, 85% of your pre-injury level is the ultimate goal. There is no point in giving up on Nolan at this point. If he can hit, then he has value as a cost controllable DH for a few years. If by the end of this year he still cannot play at a MLB level it will be time for the Orioles to move on. But there is no reason to move on until after the season. I do not see this as a DDDL as it was put earlier. My belief from the beginning is that he would start the season on the DL because he could not be physically ready to be on a MLB roster for 162 games. It is my belief that he is still going to need more rest between games than an every day DH. So do not be surprised if he doesn't play every day in the minors and raise any red flags of doom. I expect him to play 3-4 days a week in a rehab stint and slowly increase his weekly games, until he can successful play 6 days in the week without an aggrevation. Then and only then will he be evaluated to see if he can perform better than D. Young, et al.
I know its cool to be funny and all, but read the above post. THAT is why we are still having the conversation.

Yes.

IF Reimold does wind up having a healthy (and at least pretty good) 2015 season and/or latter portion of 2014 season, then he will wind up with the last laugh.

I like him a lot in the the first place, so I'm rooting for him.

I know its cool to be funny and all, but read the above post. THAT is why we are still having the conversation.
I'm not sure that's really why we're having this conversation. What struck me from the above was this:" And normally after a surgery like this, 85% of your pre-injury level is the ultimate goal." For a guy who's primary tool is his hit tool to only be 85 %, it seems unrealistic to expect him to be able to perform at a ML level. Why people are ignoring that fact and clinging to straws is puzzling to me.

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck said Nolan Reimold still not doing baseball activities. Just treatment</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck said Nolan Reimold still not doing baseball activities. Just treatment</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">April 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

60 day D/L per Thorne during the game.

I read the above and it states that Nolan might be 85 percent of his former self in the middle of next year. So he wasn't very good to begin with and he could never field. He will be 31 and has 900 Plate appearances in his career. I don't know why we would want him. I don't know why we signed him this year. Throwing a million down the drain.

Yes.

IF Reimold does wind up having a healthy (and at least pretty good) 2015 season and/or latter portion of 2014 season, then he will wind up with the last laugh.

I like him a lot in the the first place, so I'm rooting for him.

If I won the lottery I would donate most of my money for your favorite charity.

Root for me too.

If I won the lottery I would donate most of my money for your favorite charity.

Root for me too.

When I see you suiting up and playing for the Orioles (or even the AAA-Tides), I will root for you.

Until then, you are on your own.

Archived