2014 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

The walk up line at the warehouse was really, really long, to the point that it was almost to the end of the parking lot behind the warehouse. I went to the one on the third base side near Pickles, nowhere near as long but it still was really slow. For the first game I thought it was a really healthy attendance considering it was a 4:05 game and some people were still at work. I think people were just happy to be outdoors in some way shape or form, I know I was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The O's have drawn 540,091 through 19 home games (18 gates due to a single admission doubleheader against Pittsburgh due to rainouts). The comparable figure last year was 489,587 (19 separate gates for 19 games). So, the O's are up 50,504 or 2,658 per game so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Attendance has been lackluster on the current homestand, and tonight 2014 attendance fell behind the pace set in 2013 for the first time -- about 17,000 behind last year through 42 home dates.

Looking ahead, the O's have four very attractive weekend series remaining -- the Yankees the weekend after this one, the Cardinals in mid-August (but not a great time to pack a house), and the Yankees and Red Sox during a 10-game homestand in mid-September. They also have a few attractive weekday series -- 2 games with the Nats next week, the Yankees in August, the Reds in early September, and the Blue Jays in mid-September (which could draw well if the pennant race is tight and the O's are vying with the Jays). Just eyeballing things, I'm guessing the O's draw between 2.25 - 2.3 mm, a drop of 50-100,000 from last year.

Archived