2014 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also believe the interest in baseball is getting lower. However, I would not 100% blame it on the ticket prices. I would blame some of it on the technology. Some people just prefer the comfort of their own home with their own food & beer.

Also, baseball does not get the national spotlight as much as it used too. I know that some complain about ESPN and other sporting news outlets. However, the publicity to keep this a "popular" game is important to having it on the news outlets. There has been more coverage the past few days with Summer Basketball Leagues as opposed to MLB.

I also believe the interest in baseball is getting lower. However, I would not 100% blame it on the ticket prices. I would blame some of it on the technology. Some people just prefer the comfort of their own home with their own food & beer.

Also, baseball does not get the national spotlight as much as it used too. I know that some complain about ESPN and other sporting news outlets. However, the publicity to keep this a "popular" game is important to having it on the news outlets. There has been more coverage the past few days with Summer Basketball Leagues as opposed to MLB.

I think to be fair, its more than just ticket prices, when you talk about the cost of going to a game, $10 to park and then the food cost, which isn't cheap.

I think to be fair, its more than just ticket prices, when you talk about the cost of going to a game, $10 to park and then the food cost, which isn't cheap.

I agree. However, you will have a lot of people say that you can bring in your own food and drinks. When I go to a game, I never bring in my own food or drinks. I buy them within the stadium. Makes it an easy $70-100 game including price of tickets.

None of this explains why baseball is losing ground to other sports, all of which are more expensive to attend than baseball. From a revenue point of view, however, baseball is doing just fine. $2.2 bb in 1995, about $9 bb this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2013/12/17/major-league-baseball-sees-record-revenues-exceed-8-billion-for-2013/

None of this explains why baseball is losing ground to other sports, all of which are more expensive to attend than baseball. From a revenue point of view, however, baseball is doing just fine. $2.2 bb in 1995, about $9 bb this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2013/12/17/major-league-baseball-sees-record-revenues-exceed-8-billion-for-2013/

I just can't understand why people want to watch soccer. What do they see in it?

watch?v=ApoJk9X7Vto

asian-girl-playing-soccer-football.jpg

asian-babes-playing-hard-soccer-in-mud.jpg

Not every sport is doing fine for attendance.

The NFL is pretty much exempt from this, since they only play 8 home games.

NASCAR is healthy, like Baseball, because of TV revenue, but NASCAR has declining ticket sales in most tracks.

Likewise NBA and NHL, tickets are strong in some cities, like Baseball, but mostly the sales are declining.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived