2014 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22,327 on an overcast Friday night, against the Blue Jays.

30,446 for game # 2.

52,773 so far for the first two games.

OOO39, 281 for the series finale.

3 GAME-SET vs. Blue Jays O (APRIL 11th, 12th, 13th)

_____

185,327 through six dates, compared to 164,035 last year. The schedule has been more favorable towards attendance this year, because Opening Day (guaranteed sellout) was on a weekday and that weekday series was against Boston, whereas last year the first weekday series was with Tampa.

23k for a midweek game against Tampa Bay in April bodes well for attendance this year, in my opinion. Pretty strong number.

And, it actually works in the Orioles' favor that the Tuesday game was rained out. They'll get better attendance for that game when it's played than they would have gotten on a freezing cold night.

From another thread:

I bought my ticket and didn't have to pay a "day of game" charge. When they went to this new pricing system they eliminated the "day of game" charge. I verified this with the woman at the window. She also said that the new system seemed a little odd to her, because some ticket prices went down, as she described it, "a lot."

That somewhat explains the good attendance today. It will be interesting to see what this new system does to (1) overall attendance, and (2) gate receipts.

• 2 weeks later...
And, it actually works in the Orioles' favor that the Tuesday game was rained out. They'll get better attendance for that game when it's played than they would have gotten on a freezing cold night.

True but Yankees and Sox fans still go when it's cold. The Os fans that have the ability to go need to suck it up haha.

28,290 for the Doubleheader today. That's pretty good, and about what they drew for games 12/13 combined last year.

Unfortunately for the total attendance tally, game 1 officially counts as zero attendance. Only game 2 counts.

28,290 for the Doubleheader today. That's pretty good, and about what they drew for games 12/13 combined last year.

I was there, for the first game it seemed like there were around 25k butts in seats, I think the announced attendance and actual weren't far off. Also, I decided at game time to go, and I was in line for 25 minutes to buy a ticket. I missed the first inning entirely. So the walk up attendance was really good. They even had a kiosk to purchase LF upper and lower reserve (cash only) for quick service. I thought that was a good idea, but didn't have cash on me.

Archived