Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

In the year that must not be named :D, the O' s led the division for 62 games, including 56 straight before collapsing after Raffygate.

This year, the Orioles have been in first place for 63 games and counting, including 48 straight. They will be in first place through Labor Day weekend, which will mean two straight months on top of the division.

It is amazing how much I worry about them blowing the lead and yet they still have the largest division lead in Major League Baseball. I know that unless they lose 6 of 8 to the Yankees that there is basically no way that they will be caught. Hopefully the O's take three of four in the home series against NYY and we can breathe a sigh of relief the last couple weeks. I am going to the game in the Bronx on September 24th and I hope they have clinched by then.

It is amazing how much I worry about them blowing the lead and yet they still have the largest division lead in Major League Baseball. I know that unless they lose 6 of 8 to the Yankees that there is basically no way that they will be caught. Hopefully the O's take three of four in the home series against NYY and we can breathe a sigh of relief the last couple weeks. I am going to the game in the Bronx on September 24th and I hope they have clinched by then.

Better yet for you, maybe that's THE day they clinch.

I still remember how we lost three straight at home to them last September. All we had to do is win one, just one, of them to clinch the first season series against them since 1997.

I'm not celebrating until if and when it becomes official and I believe that is true for the majority of the board.

I still remember how we lost three straight at home to them last September. All we had to do is win one, just one, of them to clinch the first season series against them since 1997.

I'm not celebrating until if and when it becomes official and I believe that is true for the majority of the board.

I'm with T.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rZyIGMQH0JM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>