Chen and Gonzalez-are they done?

Bahama O's Fan

His O.P. was not tongue-in-cheek, which is the larger point.
Yes' date=' it was, the whole thing was tongue in cheek.[/quote']

Even though I thought you were kidding in the later post I cited, there's nothing in the OP that suggests you were kidding. In any event, you can only play the "I was kidding" card in reactionary threads so many times. Eventually people will conclude you mean what you say even if there's a smiley emoticon accompanying the post. It's like the guy who keeps making jokes about his wife; eventually, you have to conclude there's something he's truly unhappy about.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even though I thought you were kidding in the later post I cited, there's nothing in the OP that suggests you were kidding. In any event, you can only play the "I was kidding" card in reactionary threads so many times. Eventually people will conclude you mean what you say even if there's a smiley emoticon accompanying the post. It's like the guy who keeps making jokes about his wife; eventually, you have to conclude there's something he's truly unhappy about.

For that reason, I never make jokes about my wife.

In this case, though, I'm a bigger fan of getting Tillman as many starts as possible in 2014; he's that much better than anyone else in the rotation.

Maybe so but why wear your top guy out? Are you more interested in Tillmans

numbers or the team? The team should be the main focus.

I love an optimistic "but"! I've got a retaliatory "but," though: I'm not suggesting pushing Tilly up a day; just send 'im to the mound on his regular every-fifth-day schedule, regardless of off-days, rain-outs, etc. He's our horse, the anti-Bedard, so I'm working under the assumption he can handle it... and still be more than strong enough to throw a shutout in Game Seven of the 2014 World Series! :thumbsup1:
Maybe so but why wear your top guy out? Are you more interested in Tillmans

numbers or the team? The team should be the main focus.

Exactly, there are only so many innings in an arm in today's game of baseball. Not worth the risk, at least IMO

So you hitch the cart to Tilly and you ride him hard to the playoffs, and he is spent, then what do you do?

How many other negative, reactionary posts and threads have you seen me make? Don't worry, I've learned my lesson. I shall never try this reverse jinx thing again.

Except for this guy:

Henny%2BYoungman.jpeg

Happily married 60 years even though he made his living making fun of his wife.

Well it's improvement we are seeing from both. Still too many walks from Gonzalez and these guys work hard to get through those 5-6 innings. I hope we can see some nice clean games in their next outings.

Well it's improvement we are seeing from both. Still too many walks from Gonzalez and these guys work hard to get through those 5-6 innings. I hope we can see some nice clean games in their next outings.

Umpire behind the plate sucked and the Rays hit a lot of fouls off Gonzo. Bottom line, Gonzo was touched for ZERO runs and they Birds Won!

Archived