Brad Brach

xian4

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

(vs. RED SOX, 5/04)

Brach appears to be back on track since the Yankee game fiasco on Friday.

3 up, 3 down.

0 Walks, 1 Strikeout.

17 Pitches l(13 lStrikes, l4 lBalls.)

2017 ERA: O)lllllO.l 1.69

2017 WHIP: Olllllllo 0.750

2017 BATTING AVG: Oo .115  ll (6 for 52)

o

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 5/20)

1 . Inning Pitched

0 Runs

0 Hits

0 Walks 

1 Strikeout

12 Pitches )(9 )Strikes, ))Balls) 

2017 ERA: lll)lllllll. 3.68

2017 WHIP: lll.lllll 1.045 )  22.00 IP (23H/BB)

2017 BATTING AVG: Oo .195  )l) (15 for 77)

o

o

One of the very few positives about the last 2 games (both losses) is that Brach, O'Day, and Givens have all had back-to-back off days ........ due to good pitching and bad offense on Sunday, and good offense and bad pitching on Monday.

o

o

(vs. TWINS, 5/24)

1 . Inning Pitched

0 Runs

0 Hits

1 Walks 

2 ) Strikeouts

17 Pitches )(11 )Strikes, ))Balls) 

2017 ERA: lll)lllllll. 3.52

2017 WHIP: lll.lllll 1.043 )  23.00 IP (24 H/BB)

2017 BATTING AVG: Oo .188  )l) (15 for 80)

o

Now that's the Brad Brach I know and love.    Pretty much unhittable today, like he was at the beginning of the year.    I think the rest he's gotten while we've been losing has freshened him up.    That's a silver lining, I guess.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Now that's the Brad Brach I know and love.    Pretty much unhittable today, like he was at the beginning of the year.    I think the rest he's gotten while we've been losing has freshened him up.    That's a silver lining, I guess.   

Also the starter went seven, then O'Day for an inning and Brach for an inning.  No crazy high-leverage situations with men on base.

Just now, Frobby said:

He looked great today. I hope Buck can manage him a little better from here on out...also I hope the team wins enough so that it matters how many innings he pitches.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I had the same thought.  This was the Brach that dominated most of last season, and in his first four save opportunities after Zach went down.  He went after the hitters, and didn't allow the long at-bats he'd been allowing, which tired him out and made him easier to hit.  11 pitches (10 strikes) to retire three straight hitters.

That's what as strong an outing as he's ever had in my opinion.

Thoroughly dominant against our arch rival and division leader with a 1 run lead against the heart of their order.

Very impressed with what I saw. It also seemed his demeanor was different. He wasn't tip-toeing to the mound, he came out and stuffed it down their throats.

Hope to see that every time out!

Archived