Brad Brach

xian4

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I really did not like about his appearance last night was the body language after the balk call. This was a meaningless baserunner that would have had no bearing on the outcome either way, but Brach was visibly upset at the umpire. We know from the umpires on this board that these are the things that can make the difference between a ball and a strike later in the game. Fortunately Wieters talked to him and got the job done, but I have been increasingly concerned about Brach's demeanor on the mound. The meltdown vs BOS was the worst example. I also saw it happen at OPACY against CLE in July when Gausman had a shutout going and Brach made it interesting.

It's one of those things where his passion and emotion are part of what makes him great, but I have a horrible feeling they are going to be his downfall. I hope the coaches can talk to him and get through to him the difference between positive and negative emotions. Having the emotions is bad enough...showing them just gives the advantage to the hitters and turns the umpire against you.

• 5 months later...

o

(vs. TWINS, 3/25)OO [Spring Training]

Brach gave up a solo home run and a single in one inning of work tonight.

Other than the awful outing that he had against the Dominican Republic (in which he faced 6 batters, and walked 4 of them)the run that Brach ceded tonight was the only one of his 2017 Spring Training season.

o

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2017 at 0:11 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/07)

Faced 3 batters, and struck out all 3.

11 Pitches (9 Strikes, 2 Balls.)

2017 ERA: OllllllO.l 0.00

2017 WHIP: Olllllllo 0.333

2017 BATTING AVG: Oo .111

o

o

Brad Brach on His Dominant Inning, and the Bullpen’s Good Start

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2017/04/brad-brach-on-his-dominant-inning-and-the-bullpens-good-start.html

o

6 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

In the last two nights...he's had perhaps the two most overpoweringly dominant performances Ive ever seen from him.

How about last Friday, when he struck out all three batters he faced on 11 pitches?

Brach is giving new meaning to the term "Friday night pitcher."

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 4/27)

Pitched 2 shutout innings, keeping the Orioles in the game.

28 Pitches l(19 lStrikes, l9 lBalls.)

2017 ERA: O)lllllO.l 0.00

2017 WHIP: Olllllllo 0.583

2017 BATTING AVG: Oo .073  ll (3 for 41)

o

Archived