Face it Folks - The Detroit Tigers Are Simply a Much Superior Team to the Orioles

Old#5fan

Bad news is you're right the Tigers are better than us...good news is its only May and who knows what the season holds. Teams had been known to look unbeatable during the regular season only to go into a slump and be bounced early in the playoffs. Time will tell.

Great post from the past! :2yay-thumb:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody on this planet is any happier for being soooo wrong! I should have known that the regular season is meaningless when it comes to the playoffs and I also have always believed that past stats have little value in predicting games especially a short series! I also should have known that this Os team actually fares better against aces and with thee Cy Young winners in a row to beat how the heck could they lose? :agree: I am an idiot but an extremely happy one!:clap3:

Nice outlook while owning up. I think we can all agree that everyone here is happy after today.

He played well and so did Schoop. It was a lot of fun and thrilling and quite the ballsy move by Buck at the end there.

I loved that move also and did you see that look of pride from Buck when the camera showed him looking out at his players hugging each other on the field? That was priceless and as the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words!

Maybe Scherzer as well...

They will...but I was really just talking in context of JD Martinez and how good their 3-4-5 is...no tears from me for who they're losing. After watching today's game I'm not sure their fans care either...sheesh that was such a contrast to Camden Yards.

I loved that move also and did you see that look of pride from Buck when the camera showed him looking out at his players hugging each other on the field? That was priceless and as the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words!

That was awesome. I wonder what Buck will do if they win the World Series.

It was awesome. It was a "ballsy, aggressive, lets win the freakin game move" and a great victory. I have to admit I was worried when Lough missed that ball by inches though. But even that was great because he went for it and knew Jones was backing him up. We played our asses off in that series.

Maybe Scherzer as well...

Scherzer, or "Mack" as many announcers seem to call him because they can't pronounce "Max", is the Tigers' new Verlander. Anibal Sanchez scares me too. Verlander looks like he might ride that hype train for a few more years of mediocre performance as the Tigers hold out hope that he'll rediscover his best stuff, then retire to a life of spending time in the bedroom with Kate Upton. So I doubt Verlander will be a big part of the Tigers' future, except to give them losses and maybe get relegated to the bullpen like Ubaldo.

Detroit just keeps pulling aces out of their sleeve, though. Losing Verlander is almost irrelevant with Scherzer, Sanchez, Price and Porcello waiting in the wings.

Archived