Tonight's terrible 9th inning from the offense!

Greg

And if Jones had just stood there with the bat on his shoulder (not a single pitch to him was a strike), he would have walked to load the bases with one out and Davis coming up.

Far too often, Jones looked like a really bad Little League hitter.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were a ton of "what were they thinking" moments in this game. Manny swinging at a 3-0 pitch when the opposing pitcher has a perfect game going. Clevenger and Jones in the 9th swinging at first pitches that bounced. Hell, every Oriole that swung at a first pitch tonight should have their heads examined. It's one thing to get beat because the other guy's good, it's quite another to get beat because you're too stupid to play the game right. Tonight our guys were dumb as a bag full of hammers, and deserved to lose.

I know most folks on here hate the bunt but tonight's 9th

inning drove me nuts. You had Markakis on third with one

down, your best bunter at the plate and a pitcher who falls so far left off the mound he is halfway to the foul line with his

follow through. Just cannot understand why no bunt. Adam

Still chases crap in the dirt and sure enough, he did. One

walk later Cruz strikes out. Who didn't see that coming.We

are really struggling to get hits, let alone runs. Is small ball

against the rules? Just frustrated folks, sorry for the rant.

And if Jones had just stood there with the bat on his shoulder (not a single pitch to him was a strike), he would have walked to load the bases with one out and Davis coming up.

This is hyperbole. Obviously Holland wouldn't have thrown exactly the same pitches in the same location if the count were different.

I have given up on Jones taking his game to the next level. The talent is there, unfortunately the ability to make adjustments isn't. Very frustrating at bat in the 9th but predictable.

Machado's 3-0 at bat he should have taken at least one strike the way he's swinging the bat and Hardy has to bunt with a runner on 1st no out the way he's slumping.

There were a ton of "what were they thinking" moments in this game. Manny swinging at a 3-0 pitch when the opposing pitcher has a perfect game going. Clevenger and Jones in the 9th swinging at first pitches that bounced. Hell, every Oriole that swung at a first pitch tonight should have their heads examined. It's one thing to get beat because the other guy's good, it's quite another to get beat because you're too stupid to play the game right. Tonight our guys were dumb as a bag full of hammers, and deserved to lose.

Absolutely. This was by far one of the most undisciplined things I've seen from and Orioles hitter and unfortunately tells me something I don't want to think about Machado. Machado has always been a "heady" baseball player, especially on defense. but when a guy is hitting as poorly as he is so far this season, you don't swing at 3-0 in this situaiton, you just don't. To me, it was an undisciplined and selfish act and I hope the Orioles coaches said something to him.

You just don't swing in this situation.

Shouldn't our manager or hitting coach or even someone on the bench explain to Jones the almost literal sequence he's going to get? Until pitchers change it up with him, Buck shouldn't give him a green light to swing til the 3rd pitch.

Archived