Duquette on Johan

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> still working to keep Johan Santana. "I think we'll be able to work something out," Duquette said. Have until midnight tonight.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles have selected the contract of LH Johan Santana from 3A Norfolk & placed him on the 15-day DL (recovery from L shoulder surgery).</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Johan Santana didn't pitch in extended spring today, though scheduled to do so. But O's still think can work out deal where no opt out</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Ace in the hole?

Or Dontrelle Willis the 2nd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, his ace days are long since past, but I'm quite certain he's more mechanically sound than the D-Train. Let's hope he doesn't get derailed if they bring him up. See what I did there?

Well, his ace days are long since past, but I'm quite certain he's more mechanically sound than the D-Train. Let's hope he doesn't get derailed if they bring him up. See what I did there?

I bet he is better than Troy Patton.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> still working to keep Johan Santana. "I think we'll be able to work something out," Duquette said. Have until midnight tonight.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

I hope so.

Don't go out on a limb. You have to lay odds with that type of bet. Johan will be a good influence on our guys assuming he doesn't come up and fall flat on his face.

Troy Patton was member of the team for a third of the season. At a minimun, we upgrade that spot with Johan. Though Buck says he is only being looked at as a starter.

Troy Patton was member of the team for a third of the season. At a minimun, we upgrade that spot with Johan. Though Buck says he is only being looked at as a starter.

I found Buck's comment curious when most of the starters while not dazzling have performed well enough. Although, with Buck that may have been motivational for his guys. You might have heard he likes them. At a minimum having him somewhere on the roster allows us the flexibility for a spot start if someone does need a break.

I found Buck's comment curious when most of the starters while not dazzling have performed well enough. Although, with Buck that may have been motivational for his guys. You might have heard he likes them. At a minimum having him somewhere on the roster allows us the flexibility for a spot start if someone does need a break.

Santana's comeback is all about becoming the winningest Venezuelan pitcher in MLB history. He needs 18 more wins to pass Freddy Garcia. He won't get them as a reliever. He will need to start the rest of this year and next year to achieve his goal.

Santana's comeback is all about becoming the winningest Venezuelan pitcher in MLB history. He needs 18 more wins to pass Freddy Garcia. He won't get them as a reliever. He will need to start the rest of this year and next year to achieve his goal.

You have a link to a quote when he's made that claim?

You have a link to a quote when he's made that claim?

No, do you think I made it up? I would never have guessed he wasn't already the leader in that race if I hadn't read it somewhere. I read it when he first signed with the O's. I didn't realize I should curate the link.

Archived