Cruz: one of the dumbest plays I've seen

Ohfan67

Indeed. If I were Chris Davis I would be practicing that bunt down the third base line, weaponizing it, and taking that free hit they were granting it to me with that ridicu-shift. Granted it would slow his slugging temporarily, but teams aren't going to keep granting him a +.500 OBP either (and yes, I think it could be that high based on where teams are playing their third basemen against him this year).

And just think of all the HBP he will accumulate once the pitchers start busting him inside to try and impede his bunting.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did balk they were just talking about it on wall to wall as well. If you watch the play at .50 second i would love to see where you see him stop. He is moving the entire time and no step off. That is a balk. They didn't call it but he clearly balked.

A million things could have happened last night, the game is a game of inches. You really have to credit the Oakland defense for executing. The out on Markakis, I am willing to bet all the money in my pockets that if you run that simulation a 100 times Nick is safe 90 of them. That play was executed perfectly, have to tip your hat to them.

As for Cruz, Davis is one of your best hitters, it seems silly to take the bat out of his hands - but, at least this way he started the next inning.

The Orioles did not play a clean game. Which seems to happen a lot when we play the A's. The Athletics and the Indians always seem to give the Orioles fits - no matter what the situations of the two teams nor the year. It is rather maddening.

Indeed. If I were Chris Davis I would be practicing that bunt down the third base line, weaponizing it, and taking that free hit they were granting it to me with that ridicu-shift. Granted it would slow his slugging temporarily, but teams aren't going to keep granting him a +.500 OBP either (and yes, I think it could be that high based on where teams are playing their third basemen against him this year).

In the abstract that seems like a good idea, but with Davis I'd be a lot happier if he'd take all the BP he can to get in a groove when he's swinging the bat.

A million things could have happened last night, the game is a game of inches. You really have to credit the Oakland defense for executing. The out on Markakis, I am willing to bet all the money in my pockets that if you run that simulation a 100 times Nick is safe 90 of them. That play was executed perfectly, have to tip your hat to them.

As for Cruz, Davis is one of your best hitters, it seems silly to take the bat out of his hands - but, at least this way he started the next inning.

The Orioles did not play a clean game. Which seems to happen a lot when we play the A's. The Athletics and the Indians always seem to give the Orioles fits - no matter what the situations of the two teams nor the year. It is rather maddening.

I dont know, the throw beat Markakis by alot, the only reason why it was close was because of the last second move with his arm he did.

I dont know, the throw beat Markakis by alot, the only reason why it was close was because of the last second move with his arm he did.

That is what I am saying. The throw was perfect. It had to be. If it were off by any little bit either way and the game ends there.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Archived