MLB will suspend Machado for five games. Machado plans to appeal.

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck said the Os are hoping Machado suspension goes down to 2 games. Mentioned precedent.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">June 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He isn't getting two. I would bet four. I think three is unlikely.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He isn't getting two. I would bet four. I think three is unlikely.

The MLB appeals system is silly in it's own right, I just think those that are critical for him just not taking the suspension have to remember that it's a pretty legal process. And an appeal doesn't a lack of remorse.

You're probably right about 4, but a game is a game. And I want our best player in for as many as he can be. And I want him to appeal and be remorseful. I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive.

The MLB appeals system is silly in it's own right, I just think those that are critical for him just not taking the suspension have to remember that it's a pretty legal process. And an appeal doesn't a lack of remorse.

You're probably right about 4, but a game is a game. And I want our best player in for as many as he can be. And I want him to appeal and be remorseful. I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive.

I think the main reason he appealed was so he wouldn't miss the Red Sox and Blue Jays.

I think they will look at the bat throw in isolation. Donaldson was not worthy of addressing, neither was the back swing business. Imagine suspending a player for failing to apologize to a C on hitting him accidentally on a backswing. I think 3 days is likely.

I think they will look at the bat throw in isolation. Donaldson was not worthy of addressing, neither was the back swing business. Imagine suspending a player for failing to apologize to a C on hitting him accidentally on a backswing. I think 3 days is likely.

Why is the Donaldson thing not worth addressing. The benches cleared because of that. I think 5 games was too light of punishment and I see no reason for the league to lower the suspension.

Why is the Donaldson thing not worth addressing. The benches cleared because of that. I think 5 games was too light of punishment and I see no reason for the league to lower the suspension.

So because other people over react he should be given more games?

They didn't suspend him after that. Why should they look at that in retrospect? The players Union would go bananas.

They didn't suspend him after that. Why should they look at that in retrospect? The players Union would go bananas.

I don't think the Donaldson altercation comes close to suspension worthy, but it is certainly fair game as far as additional evidence supporting a certain length of suspension if (and only if) MLB feels it is evidence of a pattern of behavior that significantly impacted how things played out in the aggregate.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado's appeal could be heard this week. Was suspended 4 games for Sunday's ejection & 1 for Friday. Os think he could reduce it by 2.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Since Machado wasn't ejected during the Friday game, the game suspension for that doesn't make a lot of sense.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado's appeal could be heard this week. Was suspended 4 games for Sunday's ejection & 1 for Friday. Os think he could reduce it by 2.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Since Machado wasn't ejected during the Friday game, the game suspension for that doesn't make a lot of sense.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

Yep, suspending him for the Donaldson business is bogus. MLB bending over to media hype IMO.

I don't think the Donaldson altercation comes close to suspension worthy, but it is certainly fair game as far as additional evidence supporting a certain length of suspension if (and only if) MLB feels it is evidence of a pattern of behavior that significantly impacted how things played out in the aggregate.

If Manny gets suspended for the altercation. Is MLB going to keep a running total of all of Carlos Gomez or Brian McCann's altercations and add them to their next suspension? :wedge:

If Manny gets suspended for the altercation. Is MLB going to keep a running total of all of Carlos Gomez or Brian McCann's altercations and add them to their next suspension? :wedge:

Machado will get three games.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Showalter confirms our report of Manny hearing on wed in Balt. manny and Duquette will be there. Not Showalter.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

Roch Kubatko

Machado's appeal is being heard today in Baltimore. He may not find out until the weekend whether his suspension has been reduced.

Spoiler alert: It will be reduced. The only questions are how much and when does he begin serving it?

Archived