Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Hey, I hope you are right. I hope he has always dreamed of wearing the Orange and Black. I hope that he has five surplus value years left in that left arm. I hope that he does not want to have a sixth year added to come. I hope he leads us to the promised land and that both pitchers we have to give up never replicate his surplus value.

Why should we care about surplus value when considering what the O's should do? Slippery Pete should loosen the purse strings and the O's should be willing to take on all of Hamels' salary. Actual performance value matters.

Give me a team with greater actual performance value than surplus value every time.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why should we care about surplus value when considering what the O's should do? Slippery Pete should loosen the purse strings

Because we would be giving up assets which have value and can not be replaced. Making the world a darker place.

We all do understand that this is not like free agency, right. Or even like losing a pick. These victims of our decisions have faces. And are poised to serve the team with the appropriate six or seven years of control at a reasonable cost that we can populate our other 22 or 23 major league positions. I, for one, would be happier with Lester as a rental at some price than the investment of personal and payroll that Hamels would require. Ruben has not been fired yet. he still thinks these are reasonable deals that he made.

Whether we have a legitimate shot or not, it has given me a chance to send THIS to my Redsox friends. Finally maybe a little retribution for all the guys we've seen switch colors and stripes.

y4uru8e3.jpg

A friend and I were joking around today about the upcoming arrival of my son (who's due in two months). The exchange went like this:

Friend: "What would be your reaction if he is delivered and immediately says 'Go Yankees'"?

Me: "Put him back in, he's not done yet!"

I love rivalries.

I assume it would cost at least one of the big 3. More?

For 2 months?!? Not a chance he gets that much from anyone let alone Dan.

I think there's a good chance Dan could get him for relatively cheap and he could be a big addition down the stretch.

Archived