Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In all honesty, the rays have EXACTLY what we need.

Joyce is the lefty bat/obp guy we desperately need on this team at the top of the order and price is the ace pitcher we need to become a true WS contender.

I wonder what type of package it would take to get both?

Maybe bundy + e-rod + berry + a lesser prospect + money?

Would that be enough? Something to consider possibly....

Not even close. It will take two of Bundy/Harvey/KG ...Feidman is not an idiot.

What KG is doing right now is exactly why you do not trade him, Bundy or KG.

Thankfully our GM seems to get that.

To be a contender means you have to get in the playoffs. Once your there talent helps but there is an element of luck and getting hot at the right time. You do not piss away your future on that. You keep it and make sure you get multiple shots at that championship

Article from NY Daily News regarding Yankee targets

The Phillies ?have been sniffing around, they?re sellers,? the executive said, so, as one potential example, maybe the Yanks can convince them to do a ?06 repeat.

Wouldn?t Cliff Lee be a rotation upgrade? Would a package of low-ceiling minor-leaguers be enough if the Yanks eat the $50 million or so left on Lee?s contract? A.J. Burnett has less money coming, but maybe fits into the same sort of mold, though the executive said he believes Burnett ultimately will be dealt to Baltimore, near where Burnett lives.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mccarron-flawed-yankees-spend-victory-weak-al-east-article-1.1864245?utm_content=buffer663a1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

The Phillies ?have been sniffing around, they?re sellers,? the executive said, so, as one potential example, maybe the Yanks can convince them to do a ?06 repeat.

Wouldn?t Cliff Lee be a rotation upgrade? Would a package of low-ceiling minor-leaguers be enough if the Yanks eat the $50 million or so left on Lee?s contract? A.J. Burnett has less money coming, but maybe fits into the same sort of mold, though the executive said he believes Burnett ultimately will be dealt to Baltimore, near where Burnett lives.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mccarron-flawed-yankees-spend-victory-weak-al-east-article-1.1864245?utm_content=buffer663a1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Cliff Lee must have a right to refuse being traded to certain teams. I believe his wife was treated badly by Yankee fans. Thus, he didn't consider them when he was a FA. He may not want to be a Yankee still.

Pretty certain the ship has sailed with Burnett, 37 year old with a 3.83 ERA. Gausman is our big pitching upgrade.

We've been hearing that living near Baltimore is a factor for AJ for years and years. And it never is.

According to MLBTR:

• A.J. Burnett wants to stay with the Phillies, MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki writes. “I’m not a guy who looks for an out or wants to get out because things aren’t going the right way,” says Burnett. “If that happens, then it happens, but I’m not looking to move on. This is my team.” Burnett has a limited no-trade clause, and says he isn’t sure how he would respond if the Phillies asked him to waive it.

According to MLBTR:
  • A.J. Burnett wants to stay with the Phillies, MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki writes. “I’m not a guy who looks for an out or wants to get out because things aren’t going the right way,” says Burnett. “If that happens, then it happens, but I’m not looking to move on. This is my team.” Burnett has a limited no-trade clause, and says he isn’t sure how he would respond if the Phillies asked him to waive it.

Yeah...don't know what it is, but I just get the feeling that Burnett has no desire to pitch for the O's. I just can't believe that its OPACY. The stadium in Philly is a bit of a bandbox as well.

Thankfully our GM seems to get that.

To be a contender means you have to get in the playoffs. Once your there talent helps but there is an element of luck and getting hot at the right time.

You do not piss away your future on that. You keep it and make sure you get multiple shots at that championship

Right and I keep seeing these threads or posts asking if we can put together a package to get the Rays players. Why? We should deplete our system to build up a division rival?

It's not whether the Rays will trade within the division it's will we, risking our future to build up a team in a better bargaining position.

Yeah...don't know what it is, but I just get the feeling that Burnett has no desire to pitch for the O's. I just can't believe that its OPACY. The stadium in Philly is a bit of a bandbox as well.

It might be something simple as not liking to pitch in the AL East.

Or maybe he likes hitting. :)

What would you guys think about kicking the tires on Dan Uggla? It's looking increasingly like the Braves could outright him, similar to Mark Reynolds last season. He has a pretty decent track record of hitting, although he's been pretty mediocre to bad the last 1.5 years. He's got reverse splits over his career, so platooning him with Flash vs. LHP wouldn't really do much for us, but it's an interesting scenario nonetheless. Worst case scenario we release him if he doesn't work out. Maybe he would allow us to send Schoop back down to work on some stuff at AAA (I'm on the fence as to whether I want him here for the full season or not) and save his service clock. Anyone know what the deal with him is? A lot of his ratios, save FB/HR looked fairly consistent with his career norms.

What would you guys think about kicking the tires on Dan Uggla? It's looking increasingly like the Braves could outright him, similar to Mark Reynolds last season. He has a pretty decent track record of hitting, although he's been pretty mediocre to bad the last 1.5 years. He's got reverse splits over his career, so platooning him with Flash vs. LHP wouldn't really do much for us, but it's an interesting scenario nonetheless. Worst case scenario we release him if he doesn't work out. Maybe he would allow us to send Schoop back down to work on some stuff at AAA (I'm on the fence as to whether I want him here for the full season or not) and save his service clock. Anyone know what the deal with him is? A lot of his ratios, save FB/HR looked fairly consistent with his career norms.

I'd much rather run Schoop out there. Not interested in Uggla. Our defense would take a huge hit. Also, I'd have very little interest in a guy who's getting himself suspended by his own team while in first place.

AJ doesn't want to play here? What would give you that impression? Is the fact he passed on us at least twice despite having a home in Monkton?

:)

But yet...people keep bring up this overrated pitcher...who cares....you would think the guy was Walter Johnson:)

AJ doesn't want to play here? What would give you that impression? Is the fact he passed on us at least twice despite having a home in Monkton?

:)

But yet...people keep bring up this overrated pitcher...who cares....you would think the guy was Walter Johnson:)

Who's over rating him? It was never about that. It was about looking at our depth of young pitching and having a bridge to them.

Bottom line: I'd still prefer one year of Burnett, who has pitched better after a slow start, to three more years of Jimenez. Even if he tanks the rest of the year, with the emergence of Gausman, Burnett or any other short term option would have been a better bet.

Archived