Roberts first game back at OPACY - Applaud or Boo?

FlipCup

The only thing that stopped it was further injury.

You think so little of Buck that you believe he'd continue to regularly play a guy OPSing .480 with bad defense just because he's one of his nuggets?

I find it difficult to believe Buck would play the worst regular in baseball for half a year just because, you know, Buck always sticks by his vets. That's nonsense. I never exactly heard the cause of the later injury, so I always thought it was half made up anyway, kind of a tacit acknowledgement that he wasn't cutting it and couldn't stay in the lineup.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Using 17 games of production from a player who had missed 2+ years out of 3 to prove your point is beyond idiotic.

I am hardly at fault for the size of the sample now am I? Or did my biased self with my idiotic opinions somehow get Roberts injured?

He was clearly not ready to play. He had influence in determining if he was ready to return.

These are facts.

I certainly never stated that his goal was to do anything other then help the O's win games.

You think so little of Buck that you believe he'd continue to regularly play a guy OPSing .480 with bad defense just because he's one of his nuggets?

I find it difficult to believe Buck would play the worst regular in baseball for half a year just because, you know, Buck always sticks by his vets. That's nonsense. I never exactly heard the cause of the later injury, so I always thought it was half made up anyway, kind of a tacit acknowledgement that he wasn't cutting it and couldn't stay in the lineup.

Jim Johnson last year is an example of a guy who should have been yanked but Buck stuck with him.

Glad he learned from his mistakes and didn't do the same with Hunter this year. Could have ruined this whole season.

It wouldn't have gone on for half a year but there were no signs it was going to stop in the immediate future either. Last I checked the O's didn't exactly have a lot of buffer between making and missing the playoffs that year.

Wasn't his further injury a hip issue that resulted in surgery?

"My goal is to play in a World Series. I’ve a lot of time to never play in a playoff game and that’s what I’m excited for."

Wow...he said that? We'll let you know how it feels when the Birds are playing in October little fella!

I am hardly at fault for the size of the sample now am I? Or did my biased self with my idiotic opinions somehow get Roberts injured?

You are at fault for using the small sample size to form your biased opinion about him rushing back for his own selfish reasons.

I wonder if we could make an entire team out of former/almost Orioles that dominated board time for extended periods of time?

1B: Tex

2B: BRob

SS: ?

3B: Mark Reynolds

C:

OF: Felix Pie

OF: Nolan Reimold

OF: Lew Ford (I hate that guy) :cussing:

SP: Arrieta

SP: Al Simon

SP:

SP: