Roberts first game back at OPACY - Applaud or Boo?

FlipCup

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees acquired left-hander Jeff Francis from the Athletics for cash considerations on Friday.

In need of some starting pitching assistance in light of the elbow injury to Masahiro Tanaka, it appears the Yanks will turn to the 33-year-old Francis, who was designated for assignment by the A's after posting a 6.08 ERA over 13 1/3 innings in nine relief appearances.

Francis started the year with the Reds, starting one game -- giving up three runs on five hits in five innings -- before Oakland claimed him off waivers.

Our old friend Jim Miller got designated.

HOLY COW, i have to get an office job! 10 pages in 2.5 hours starting at noon on a friday. Not much going on at work.....???? :confused:

Yes, I'm jealous ...... :hearts:

Don't be.

You actually have a life outside of the Orioles Hangout ...... unlike some of us. :o

What are you going to say to Yankee fans when you get signed? Of course you'll make remarks like this. He probably did grow up a Yankees fan. The majority of baseball fans in the world do.

I'm just trying to keep you honest, chief. Because right now you're choosing to disregard the entire story in favor of the Roberts Is A Bad Guy angle.

I don't blame him at all for saying the sort of things you are supposed to say when you sign for a new team.

I am sure Vlad said nice things about Baltimore after the O's were the only ones willing to give him a contract.

Isn't it all players, or shouldn't it be, to play in the post season, the World Series and hopefully win?

But the inference is that he didn't have that chance in Baltimore but would on the great New York Yankees.

Look, I'm a fan of his, but that was not smart to say on his part.

I wonder if we could make an entire team out of former/almost Orioles that dominated board time for extended periods of time?

1B: Tex

2B: BRob

SS: ?

3B: Mark Reynolds

C:

OF: Felix Pie

OF: Nolan Reimold

OF: Lew Ford (I hate that guy) :cussing:

SP: Arrieta

SP: Al Simon

SP:

SP:

RP: Kevin Gregg

RP: Grant Balfour

RP: Strop

Help me out, who am I missing?

SS: Luis Hernandez

C: Matt Wieters

SP: Sidney Ponson

SP: Danial Cabrera

RP: Jim Johnson

What are you going to say to Yankee fans when you get signed? Of course you'll make remarks like this. He probably did grow up a Yankees fan. The majority of baseball fans in the world do.

I'm just trying to keep you honest, chief. Because right now you're choosing to disregard the entire story in favor of the Roberts Is A Bad Guy angle.

"Oh yes, I am so happy to be continuing my career in the AL East at the best franchise, I signed here because I want to win the World Series." /paraphrase

That's what he said. And what he meant. I don't blame him. i just want to mock him when we beat them.

SS: Luis Hernandez

C: Matt Wieters

SP:Sidney Ponson

SP:Danial Cabrera

RP: Jim Johnson

I liked Matt Wieters. I like Lew Ford. I liked Daniel Cabrerra even though he was on roids. Jim Johnson was a great dude. I loved him up until 2013.

But the inference is that he didn't have that chance in Baltimore but would on the great New York Yankees.

Look, I'm a fan of his, but that was not smart to say on his part.

How many playoff/WS games did he play in for us? We haven't been to a WS since 1983.

Of course he did! He's probably thrilled his career is even still alive. He's even stayed healthy.

But none of his quotes mean he had anything against the Orioles, or that he wouldn't have given the same effort this year as an Oriole.

Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today

I want to be a part of it - New York, New York

These vagabond shoes, are are longing to stray

Right through the very heart of it - New York, New York

I wanna wake up in a city that doesn't sleep

And find I'm king of the hill - top of the heap

Another cryptic, meaningless post. What does this mean? No one will know. Thanks for your input.

He was always happy to see the competition. Always lots of friendly fun. On the field. You are right. He was vestigial. And he was taught that type of style by years of playing for a losing dysfunctional franchise. It wasn't his fault.

Archived