Roberts first game back at OPACY - Applaud or Boo?

FlipCup

That's some Rocky and Bullwinkle level animation right there.

Imagine, if you will, an announcer you can barely understand. He refers to a [mumbles] but you're not quite sure what he said. [mouth full] He seems to be eating something [normal] or perhaps he's a little drunk. It's remotely possible that he just said something about...The Scary Door.

It was quite possibly the most perfect Futurama reference ever.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that's fine. I don't like that he's a Yankee, it's super weird. The Yankees suck. Obviously.

You just caught me on a weird time in my life. You are right. I should have shown more decorum. I apologize to everyone. I was bad.

Can it be ok that some folks don't like that he is a Yankee. That I am not trolling a thread. I'm mocking Brian Roberts. The Yankee.

If I was there.. I'd cheer. He's probably my favorite Oriole of the last 10 years or so.

If I was there.. I'd cheer. He's probably my favorite Oriole of the last 10 years or so.

I'd probably get caught up in that too. But man, it is hard for me to cheer for a Yankee. I really liked him when he was young and an Oriole.

:rolleyes: You weren't BAD dude, you just have a posting style that makes it excessively difficult to have a discussion with. That's probably intentional on your part. I enjoy your personality and posting style most of the time. This topic just drives me bonkers.

Try googling the song lyrics, it might help.

:rolleyes: You weren't BAD dude, you just have a posting style that makes it excessively difficult to have a discussion with. That's probably intentional on your part. I enjoy your personality and posting style most of the time. This topic just drives me bonkers.

:hearts::grouphug::grouphug::hearts:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>But just for his first at bat then get back to booing the opponent</p>— 10 (@SimplyAJ10) <a href="
">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ahahaha. Adam is great.

Man alive, why does every BRob thread turn into people arguiing with one another?

Can't people discuss their opinions without getting so nasty?

Brian was a great player for us for most of his years here, but he didn't always run hard to first base? So he deserves to have his reputation slurred by innuendo and to be booed. Besides he used PED's and purposely gave himself a concussion so he could avoid playing for most of his extension. This is fun. Can we get down to the really good stuff about Cal, Kevin Costner, Cal's wife, and the power outage. I heard that Brian was the guy that pulled the plug. BTW I knoiw things too. About Clint Eastwood, Mike Piazza, and.......maybe even Weams.......:scratchchinhmm:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>But just for his first at bat then get back to booing the opponent</p>? 10 (@SimplyAJ10) <a href="
">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just read this post now, because blid quoted it.

I feel similarly to Jones, as I stated posted this on Page 10 .......

P.S. I would give Roberts "his due" for his very first plate appearance in tonight's game.

After that, he's just another player on an opposing team.

...... although, I wouldn't go so far as booing him, as Jones would. I would just be indifferent toward him (and of course, root for him to either strike out, or hit into a double play every time that he came to the plate, as I would any other Yankee) after the standing ovation that I would give him after his first plate appearance.

Brian was a great player for us for most of his years here, but he didn't always run hard to first base? So he deserves to have his reputation slurred by innuendo and to be booed. Besides he used PED's and purposely gave himself a concussion so he could avoid playing for most of his extension. This is fun. Can we get down to the really good stuff about Cal, Kevin Costner, Cal's wife, and the power outage. I heard that Brian was the guy that pulled the plug. BTW I knoiw things too. About Clint Eastwood, Mike Piazza, and.......maybe even Weams.......:scratchchinhmm:

I heard Brian was in Dallas on the grassy knoll in 1963 also. I'm not saying he was holding a gun or fired a gun, but there was smoke in his vicinity.

Brian was a great player for us for most of his years here, but he didn't always run hard to first base? So he deserves to have his reputation slurred by innuendo and to be booed. Besides he used PED's and purposely gave himself a concussion so he could avoid playing for most of his extension. This is fun. Can we get down to the really good stuff about Cal, Kevin Costner, Cal's wife, and the power outage. I heard that Brian was the guy that pulled the plug. BTW I knoiw things too. About Clint Eastwood, Mike Piazza, and ....... maybe even Weams ....... :scratchchinhmm:

Say whatever you want about Cal Ripken Jr., Brian Roberts, Clint Eastwood, or Kevin Costner.

But my man Weams, who graciously showed me the ropes on my first-ever Hangout night last year, is off limits. :cool:

Archived