Roberts first game back at OPACY - Applaud or Boo?

FlipCup

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard Brian was in Dallas on the grassy knoll in 1963 also. I'm not saying he was holding a gun or fired a gun, but there was smoke in his vicinity.
Sorry, I was on the Grassy Knoll that day and Brian was no where to be seen. I think it had something to do with his not having been born yet. I'd tell you who I did see but then they'd have to kill me.

Sorry, I was on the Grassy Knoll that day and Brian was no where to be seen. I think it had something to do with his not having been born yet. I'd tell you who I did see but then they'd have to kill me.

Sorry I can't take your word on that. You're going to need more proof then that.

I'm late to the party and haven't read the preceding 15 pages. I would cheer Roberts politely if I was at this game. I believe he always gave his best effort for the club, and for many years, he was one of the few bright spots on the team. It's a shame he was hurt so often during his 4 year deal, including the self-induced concussion problem, but I can't hold that against him.

This reminds me, as a Buffalo Bills fan, of when Thurman Thomas went to the Dolphins for the last year of his career. I don't recall if anyone booed him or not, but he soon retired and all was forgotten and forgiven. Granted, Roberts is not a HOF'er like Thomas, but he was a very good player for many years for the Orioles. Brian will always be an Oriole, and thus deserves a polite clap his first AB.

What did you expect him to say, I'd rather be back in Baltimore? Seriously?

"I had the opportunity to play with Cal (Ripken Jr.) his last year. So I've seen kind of that whole thing play out before, and that was an amazing experience to walk those last few months with Cal. … There's such a select few guys that have meant what they've meant to the game, and it's going to be an incredible experience to play with (Jeter) this year."

Despite his injury issues toward the end of his Orioles tenure, Roberts suffered through a lot of bad baseball with us, he was one of the few bright spots during the lost decade or so.

I will respectfully cheer for Brian and then hope he strikes out

"I had the opportunity to play with Cal (Ripken Jr.) his last year. So I've seen kind of that whole thing play out before, and that was an amazing experience to walk those last few months with Cal. … There's such a select few guys that have meant what they've meant to the game, and it's going to be an incredible experience to play with (Jeter) this year."

All the strangers look like family

All the family looks so strange

Archived