Roberts first game back at OPACY - Applaud or Boo?

FlipCup

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

(vs. YANKEES, 7/11)

We lost the proverbial battle (Brian Roberts hit a home run in his very first plate appearance since returning to O.P.A.C.Y. as a Yankee), but won the proverbial war (we won the game itself.)

o

(vs. YANKEES, 7/11)

We lost the proverbial battle (Brian Roberts hit a home run in his very first plate appearance since returning to O.P.A.C.Y. as a Yankee), but won the proverbial war (we won the game itself.)

If we are guaranteed a win, Brian can hit home runs on Sat and Sun for all I care :)

Its all about he W's at this point

You certainly can't kill them by throwing them cookies. :rolleyestf:
Right. Miguel should have just turned around and threw it over the fence himself. Those were put on a tee
Like the ones Kuroda threw straight to the backstop?

HA HA HA.

Thank you for your 4th-inning ineptness, Yankees.

2 wild pitches and 1 hit batsman by Kuroda, and an unofficial error by Jeter.

As I said ....... the Yankees got the initial bragging rights with Roberts' home run, but we won the game.

I'll take that type of trade-off every time, without fail.

If we are guaranteed a win, Brian can hit home runs on Saturday and Sunday for all I care. :)

It's all about he W's at this point.

As I said ....... the Yankees got the initial bragging rights with Roberts' home run, but we won the game.

I'll take that type of trade-off every time, without fail.

Twisted, depraved minds think alike. :laughlol:

I didn't get to see any of the game, but from the tweets I read, you'd never guess BROB ever played for the O's. Really? No applause, no boos, just crickets? Didn't see that one coming.

Falls under the category of .... That awkward moment when you don't know if you should boo or applaud lol so you look around...everyone else does to and nothing happens :)

I didn't get to see any of the game, but from the tweets I read, you'd never guess BROB ever played for the O's. Really? No applause, no boos, just crickets? Didn't see that one coming.

Well, they played Biggie for his first AB, which didn't overly thrill me. My buddy gave him a standing ovation. There were definitely quite a few O's fans that gave him a nice applause.

We're already half way through the season, one in which we're trending up and the Yankees down. If the Yanks would have played here in the first month, we probably would have been a bit more sentimental.

Well, they played Biggie for his first AB, which didn't overly thrill me. My buddy gave him a standing ovation. There were definitely quite a few O's fans that gave him a nice applause.

We're already half way through the season, one in which we're trending up and the Yankees down. If the Yanks would have played here in the first month, we probably would have been a bit more sentimental.

Or if Roberts had played well for the O's more recently than 2009; four years of occasional action doesn't build a fanbase these days--although for a graybeard like me it's hard to believe that so much time has passed.

I wouldn't boo him, but I definitely would not go out of my way to cheer for him. After his "one time" admission in 2003, he goes into the Jay Gibbons category. Star players on horrible teams who cheated. Big deal. I just want to forget that era of Orioles baseball.

I wouldn't boo him, but I definitely would not go out of my way to cheer for him. After his "one time" admission in 2003, he goes into the Jay Gibbons category. Star players on horrible teams who cheated. Big deal. I just want to forget that era of Orioles baseball.

Do you cheer for Nelson Cruz?

It's become impossible to draw principled lines on rooting for teams that have players with a past link to PED use. Or to know what any player might be doing now. I wish that weren't so, but sadly, that's the fact.

Or if Roberts had played well for the O's more recently than 2009; four years of occasional action doesn't build a fanbase these days--although for a graybeard like me it's hard to believe that so much time has passed.

It was a perfect storm. Brian homered for his old fans, and he still played for a losing team for them.

Archived