Dariel Alvarez and Christian Walker are expected to be promoted to AAA

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christian Walker is having one heck of a year. He know has 78 ABs at AAA:

.308/.398/.538/.936

On the year Walker has 24 homers, 90 RBI and 50 BBs in 444 ABs. His slash line for AA-AAA is:

.302/.373/.520/.893

Is he forcing his way into the DH discussion next year?

Christian Walker is having one heck of a year. He know has 78 ABs at AAA:

.308/.398/.538/.936

On the year Walker has 24 homers, 90 RBI and 50 BBs in 444 ABs. His slash line for AA-AAA is:

.302/.373/.520/.893

Is he forcing his way into the DH discussion next year?

Or first base. I still say Davis in the OF should be considered an option.

Not if he is a sub-.200 hitter. I think Davis in a 1B platoon with Walker might be a consdieration.

No you don't pay Davis that much to be a platoon. You either release him or have him start for you thinking he can correct his swing.

I would think Walker up in September is a given.

Walker is not on the 40 man roster and I think that there are other players in that status that are more likely to get a roster spot than Walker.

Clevenger will be called up, but since he's on the 40 man, that isn't an issue.

Quintin Berry is hitting .297 with a .395 OBP. He's also stolen 22 bases, so he could be a valuable reserve down the stretch as a left-handed pinch hitter and pinch runner. He would need to be added to the 40 man roster.

Ivan DeJesus is also a consideration who would need a spot. Although Lombardozi, Weeks or Paredes could fill the same role and all are already on the 40 man.

Joe Saunders could be added to the bullpen down the stretch, but he too would need to be added to the 40 man roster.

The O's can move Wieters to the 60 man DL to open a spot, but that's just one. I don't think Walker will see the show this year.

I wasn't saying they should do it, just said it might be considered. And I'm not sure that platooning Davis is any crazier than thinking Walker will be ready to assume 1B next year so Davis can go the the OF.

With only 23 games at AAA, its probably safe to say, Walker needs to earn a roster spot next season, first.

Walker is not on the 40 man roster and I think that there are other players in that status that are more likely to get a roster spot than Walker.

Clevenger will be called up, but since he's on the 40 man, that isn't an issue.

Quintin Berry is hitting .297 with a .395 OBP. He's also stolen 22 bases, so he could be a valuable reserve down the stretch as a left-handed pinch hitter and pinch runner. He would need to be added to the 40 man roster.

Ivan DeJesus is also a consideration who would need a spot. Although Lombardozi, Weeks or Paredes could fill the same role and all are already on the 40 man.

Joe Saunders could be added to the bullpen down the stretch, but he too would need to be added to the 40 man roster.

The O's can move Wieters to the 60 man DL to open a spot, but that's just one. I don't think Walker will see the show this year.

I agree. No reason to put him on the 40-man two years before you have to.

Archived