Dariel Alvarez and Christian Walker are expected to be promoted to AAA

Greg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going into his Junior year there were talks that Esposito might even by a mid-1st rounder. After his junior campaign, some scouts had concerns over his bat speed and started to down grade him. The Orioles though felt that the Vanderbuilt coaching staff had adjusted Esposito's approach to go the other way and that contributed to the "slider" bat speed comments from other scouts. Unfortunately for the Orioles, the other scouts were right and they were wrong.

Really disappointing with Esposito. Second tour at Frederick, 317 plate appearances and only 9 walks and 77 strikeouts, OBP of .271. Pretty bad.

Is Walker a legitimate potential 1B of the future prospect? That production at Bowie looks pretty solid.

Will probably depend on what they do with Davis and how good Walker's glove is. Buck wont want to use him at 1B if he isnt good in the field. And thats apparently Walker's only position.

Is Walker a legitimate potential 1B of the future prospect? That production at Bowie looks pretty solid.

I don't care what others say, he looks like a ball player to me. Great batting eye, decent at 1b. I like what I see, a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will probably depend on what they do with Davis and how good Walker's glove is. Buck wont want to use him at 1B if he isnt good in the field. And thats apparently Walker's only position.

He's fine. Agility is decent for his size. He's not Davis, but he can play a big-league 1B.

Does Walker coming up this year or next eliminate the need for Pearce/Davis going forward? Walker seems like he'd be a decent backup 1B next year, and I'm not thinking much of Pearce's performance this year as anything other than a hot streak. Then again, Davis' 2014 is making his 2013 seem like a hot streak too.

Went with an outside fastball and drove it out to straight away RF over a tall wall.

between Walker and Alvarez, O's may be able to backfill LF and bench OF/bat for next season. If Walker proves ready, perhaps Davis could get shifted to an OF corner. Feels good to be talking about internal promotions to provide roster flexibility over next 1-2 seasons, thereby lessening dependency and risk on re-signing guys like Cruz and Nick.

Went to my first ever Tides game last Tuesday. Walker is a big guy and not the most athletic. He looks to be limited to 1B and RH DH. However, if he can continue to develop his power and play league average defense at 1B, it at least provides options beyond Davis who has really disappointed this year.

I don't think Walker plays in Baltimore until Davis is gone unless they see him as a regular DH ala Cruz. He can't play in the outfield (IMO) and I wouldn't want him to sit on the bench as a DH that only faces lefties.

Went to my first ever Tides game last Tuesday. Walker is a big guy and not the most athletic. He looks to be limited to 1B and RH DH. However, if he can continue to develop his power and play league average defense at 1B, it at least provides options beyond Davis who has really disappointed this year.

I don't think Walker plays in Baltimore until Davis is gone unless they see him as a regular DH ala Cruz. He can't play in the outfield (IMO) and I wouldn't want him to sit on the bench as a DH that only faces lefties.

Walker is sort of becoming Chris Davis to us like Chris Davis was to the Rangers. The guy in the minors who may make it but is blocked right now at the big league level.

Walker is sort of becoming Chris Davis to us like Chris Davis was to the Rangers. The guy in the minors who may make it but is blocked right now at the big league level.

Do you think Cruz is coming back to the O's next year? Need a DH?

Archived