Ok. So it is the Yankees.

weams

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No other team has the lead that we do in their division. We are not in the most parity ridden division. We are in the strongest one. And we are winning it.

This.

Everyone talked about the AL East being the weakest division, but I think we have seen in our recent forays to the West Coast and against the Cards, that it is stronger than we thought - perhaps even the strongest. And right now we are riding high.

But there are still a lot of games to go, and a lot of things that can still go wrong, so not a time for us to get on our high horse JUST yet

My comment prior was a bit tongue-in-cheek. Yes Girardi clearly deserves to be considered and deserves some votes for MOY. If the Yankees manage to make the postseason then, yes, I'll concede that he wouldn't be a bad choice, although I'd still want Buck to win and I'd still, personally, think Buck should get more votes than him. Even if the Yankees don't make the postseason but manage to stay close, as they are now to the 2nd WC, Girardi will, and should, be in the discussion - even if the man makes me sick.

Let's look at their lineup: Tex at first' date=' Drew at second, Jeter at short, Headley at third, Gardner in left, Ellsberg in centre, Beltran in right and Ichiro.[/quote']

And poor McCann with the tools of ignorance in six daze....I like the spelling of centre for Jake! I'm in favour of it - it makes him not so despicable! :eektf:

Wonder how many losing seasons it would take before the Yankees return to this level of support? 1966, 10th place Yankees of Horace Clarke and Ralph Houk (before Steinbrenner, etc.). Last game at Yankee Stadium. Look at the attendance figure in the box score! Amazing!

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1966/B09220NYA1966.htm

The Yankees attendance is up this year for some reason, after three straight years of decline. Maybe because it's the last chance to see Derek Jeter? Next year's attendance may really plummet, if they miss the playoffs this year. I'm still hoping they end up sub-.500!

The Yankees attendance is up this year for some reason, after three straight years of decline. Maybe because it's the last chance to see Derek Jeter? Next year's attendance may really plummet, if they miss the playoffs this year. I'm still hoping they end up sub-.500!

Yes, it has to be the Jeter factor. I look forward to comparing their 2014 attendance versus their 2015 attendance.

Yes, it has to be the Jeter factor. I look forward to comparing their 2014 attendance versus their 2015 attendance.

If Ichiro Suzuki announces that he will be retiring at the conclusion of the 2015 season, it could start all over again.

Thinking about all of those years that he played in the Yankee outfield will bring tears to Yankee fans' eyes.

And, he'll undoubtedly be getting a plaque in Monument Park, and having his number retired.

It was a different era for baseball attendance back then (for all teams, winning or not), but it is still astounding to see a figure of 413 paid attendance in Yankee Stadium. And they had been in the Series in 1964.

Archived