Ok. So it is the Yankees.

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rays?src=hash">#Rays</a>, who were 18 games below .500 in June, can reach .500 tomorrow, and guess who is on mound? David Price</p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's starting to look like weams was right and that NY is the team we will have to keep an eye on down the stretch. Those three games next week are looming large. Gotta stay focused on the Cardinals for now, though.

Pfffttt! Skanks don't scare me.

Much...

But seriously, Blue Jays scare me a lot more.

Pfffttt! Skanks don't scare me.

Much...

But seriously, Blue Jays scare me a lot more.

Neither scares me, really. But the Yankees are like a vampire that just...won't...die... I don't want them to be in position for Derek Jeter to do something heroic in September.

Neither scares me, really. But the Yankees are like a vampire that just...won't...die... I don't want them to be in position for Derek Jeter to do something heroic in September.

Blue Jays really scare me. Decent pitching, good D and a fearsome offense.

edit: Much like us...

And with the Yankee luck, if they get Pineda and Tanaka back, they're suddenly a very dangerous team.

I wouldn't be surprised if they shoot his arm up with cortizone and make him pitch through it, tear be damned. They'll deal with the TJ next season!

We'll see. Even so it's still weeks till he'll be pitching for them.

The Yankees will not go away until we put them away. Nobody else is going to be capable. They have played a very easy schedule since the ASB. In fact, their last road game against a team above .500 was when they played us right before the break. We, in turn, have played 14 road games against teams a combined 60 games over .500 since then.

As much as I believe in our team, I need to see us beat the Yankees late in the season in our own park to really believe. We cannot lose that series next week, and as far as making statements go, we really need to sweep NY. Too many times, the Yankees have owned us late in the season and late in individual games. If we are for real, we need to beat the one team that will never take us seriously until we get the job done against them.

The Yankees will not go away until we put them away. Nobody else is going to be capable. They have played a very easy schedule since the ASB. In fact, their last road game against a team above .500 was when they played us right before the break. We, in turn, have played 14 road games against teams a combined 60 games over .500 since then.

As much as I believe in our team, I need to see us beat the Yankees late in the season in our own park to really believe. We cannot lose that series next week, and as far as making statements go, we really need to sweep NY. Too many times, the Yankees have owned us late in the season and late in individual games. If we are for real, we need to beat the one team that will never take us seriously until we get the job done against them.

A home sweep against the Yanks would pretty much seal the division title I think. That's going to be a huge series for sure.

[video=youtube;7ZsbGi43b7o]

Archived