vs. ANGELS, 7/29

OFFNY

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he had as many AB's as Schoop he'd have superior numbers. He never gets to play, and people whine that he's not hitting. Schoop plays every day and he can't hit a lick.

Flaherty has had 216 games, 623 plate appearances. .217 BA. Schoop is certainly not good either but it is not that Flaherty has never gotten opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is an awesome utility guy. If he could hit to a .650 OPS he'd be a solid starter.

He was .683 last year in 271 AB's. When he plays consistently he hits. Doesn't hit like Cano, but he'd be besting Schoop's .580 OPS, that's for sure.

Right.

So, you expect more.

That's not constructive criticism, that's an absolutely unrealistic and insane expectation of the the team and of Cruz, who incidentally, had previously drawn a walk and scored earlier in the game.

Ok. Thanks for the "constructive criticism" of my unrealistic and insane expectation.

Flaherty has had 216 games, 623 plate appearances. .217 BA. Schoop is certainly not good either but it is not that Flaherty has never gotten opportunity.

That's 600 PA's over 3 years, also. He's never gotten consistent playing time due to Andino and Brian Roberts being on the team the previous two years. Full time players get that many PA in a single season. Flaherty has never been given a legitimate shot to hit.

He was .683 last year in 271 AB's. When he plays consistently he hits. Doesn't hit like Cano, but he'd be besting Schoop's .580 OPS, that's for sure.

He's at .591. Let's not pretend he's a superior offensive player. They're very similar players with a lot of defense, poor OBP skills, and occasional power. The difference is Schoop has a lot of upside.

Archived