Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Getting a 2 WAR guy to replace players who have pretty much accounted for nothing is a good upgrade, in my opinion. At least it won't be a black hole over there.

In his eight-year career he's been worth six wins. And most of his '14 value has come from an out-of-character and probably unsustainable 1.000 OPS against lefties (career mark about .700).

In his eight-year career he's been worth six wins. And most of his '14 value has come from an out-of-character and probably unsustainable 1.000 OPS against lefties (career mark about .700).

But don't let those small sample size advanced statistics fool ya!

How is he a major upgrade at 2b? He's been in the league for 7-8 years and has a .666 OPS. I suppose he's a mild upgrade over Schoop or Flaherty, but he can't be worth an additional win over the next two months.

This is where I'm at with Bonifacio as well would be a near side-grade for probably way too much.

I think people think Joe Kelly and Allen Craig is a much bigger haul than it really is. I am not in love with this. Don't forget that their numbers aren't great this year and that they are also going to be coming to a league that is going to be tougher to hit and pitch in...

Not sold

Yeah, Craig has always been a bad defensive player with injury problems and now it looks like his .368 BABIP last year was also a fluke. Also he won't hit .450 or whatever with RISP like he did last year. Kelly has been worth much less than Milone in his career and Milone was just traded for Sam Fuld. I was worried that the Sox would get a bunch of young, cost-controlled, long-term assets but they haven't.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tigers and Red Sox "getting close" to deal for Andrew Miller, source says.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived