Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine what you would get today for Jones, Cruz, Davis, Manny, Tillman, Bud Norris, Chen, Gausman, and Britton. Imagine what you would get!!!

Enough to field a last place team. I don't think the Red Sox did well for Lester.

Yeah-it pays to be a seller today it seems. Wow.

I hope we get a bullpen guy for not much and call it a day. I think we can win the East with what we have. Beyond that, let's face we aren't possibly getting the kind of help to make the playoffs anymore than a crap shoot. We aren't going to put out Ver/Scher or LA's Kershaw/Greinke. So we roll the dice with decent (against aces) offense and middle-of-the-road starters. Hopefully the bullpen won't be taxed and we can make games 6-7 inning affairs. I like our chances there, given the reality of the situation.

Imagine what you would get today for Jones, Cruz, Davis, Manny, Tillman, Bud Norris, Chen, Gausman, and Britton. Imagine what you would get!!!

Well somebody has to play good baseball within this division. Just our luck it has to be us. Dag-gone-it.

:cool:

Cespedes for 2months of Lester when he will prob resign with the Sox? Id say that's a good deal for the Sox.

It's a GREAT DEAL.

Cespedes for 2months of Lester when he will prob resign with the Sox? Id say that's a good deal for the Sox.

I don't think he's so automatic with Boston. Him saying he's willing to go back there is all part of the smoke and mirrors.

It's a GREAT DEAL.

It is a great deal assuming that Lester resigns there. I do not feel that is a sure thing. Boston is betting on Cespedes to hit much better in a small park (lines) than in Oakland. Getting one year of Cespedes after this season only makes sense if he extends. I don't like the deal if I am a Boston fan. Maybe Cespedes gets traded next year and they get a haul, who knows. Right now, I would have taken one top-50 prospect and a top-100 guy and wished Lester well.

I don't think he's so automatic with Boston. Him saying he's willing to go back there is all part of the smoke and mirrors.

Exactly. There are a lot of people that don't think he is going back to Boston. He might, but I would not say he is probably going back.

Awful deal for A's great for Boston.

You might be right, but Cespedes has been nothing special this year, while Lester will help the A's keep the Angels at bay and get deep into the playoffs. I think it's a good deal for both teams.

Not according to the A's Fan and their discussion boards.

If you are trying to win now, why deal Cespedes and Gomes for Lester? This deal makes little sense to me from an A's or Red Sox perspective. I want prospects not ML ready projects with very limited ability to be retained.

Archived