Andrew Miller Trade to Orioles

FlipCup

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all, I would argue with my own brother or my best friend about baseball if I felt they said something stupid. Just maybe not in front of this big a crowd probably.

I just can't get over your posts. How are you more educated about Rodriguez now? What do you know about Rodriguez now that you didn't know at the time of the trade or before the season? Or maybe it's just that he had 7 good starts after the trade? Is it stuff like this?

You, yourself, said Arrieta needed a change of scenery. YOU SAID IT. That implies that you knew he wouldn't succeed here and probably needed a fresh start with another organization. Do you think the O's didn't think Arrieta had the talent to be good? Do you think the O's had more information on Chris Davis than Texas did?

Do you think other organization have more info on ERod than the Orioles do? You are more educated now? I don't think so. If Rodriguez had had 7 mediocre starts with Bostons' farm team, I don't think you'd be more educated at all.

Do us all a favor. Next time the O's sign a FA or make a trade just sit it out, because we know your opinion isn't worth much on the day something happens. It only counts after some results are gathered.

On the day of

1. Arrieta for Feldman - Arrieta needed a change of scenery.

2. ERod for Miller - Surprised we didn't have to give up more than ERod to get a pitcher like Miller

3. Jimenez signing - A master stroke by Duquette

You have flip flopped on all three since then. Maybe you should take a day off of the board on the day of moves until you can gather your thoughts.

Heck. You argue with me ;)

[quote name=RZNJ;3638862

1. Arrieta for Feldman - Arrieta needed a change of scenery.

2. ERod for Miller - Surprised we didn't have to give up more than ERod to get a pitcher like Miller

3. Jimenez signing - A master stroke by Duquette

You have flip flopped on all three since then. Maybe you should take a day off of the board on the day of moves until you can gather your thoughts.

I am not sure why you continue to dog me and your plain inability to comprehend simple English.

We have already gone over my reaction to the Arrieta trade. When one posts about preferring to do something differently' date=' it is NOT an endorsement of the trade. Period. I might explain that Jake could use a change of scenery or tell a visiting fan that he has great stuff and could use a change of scenery, but I clearly posted that I would have done something else.

The same for the Jimenez signing. I started the following thread praising DD for creating excitement with the Jimenez signing, but after a question from Frobby, I clearly post again in post 10 that I would not have done that move but preferred to trade Davis and Wieters.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/139109-Ubaldo-Signing-Legitimizes-Team?highlight=ubaldo+signing

YOU KNOW ALL OF THIS ... and continue to make misguided attempts both to discredit my opinion and to confuse any attempts I try to make with other posters to have a dialogue.

Even if I did endorse these moves when they were made, and I did not, it would not eliminate or discredit any ability to criticize these moves.

The main point of my posts here have been to discuss why our FO appears to be overpaying with prospects and major leaguers in trades that appear fairly lopsided almost immediately. Are we mis-judging talent? Do we know we are over-paying? I believe these would be interesting points of discussion, but you have obliterated any chance to have a reasonable dialogue with anyone here so I will vacate the thread with what has been shown to be flat out harassment.

• 2 weeks later...

o

This is essentially Andrew Miller's 2014 thread, so I'll just cut and paste what I posted in his A.L.D.S. thread (another poster started one, but nobody had replied ... until now.) :)

(vs. TIGERS, 10/02) O [A.L.D.S., Game One]

After giving up a lead-off walk to Cabrera, he was great.

After that lead-off walk, he got:

5 straight batters out.

3 by strikeout.

His pitch count (after the lead-off walk) was 23 pitches (16 strikes, 7 balls.)

Miller is a weapon - a guy who can pitch critical situations for us all the way to the end. If we get deep - it'll absolutely be worth it to trade someone like ERod for him because Miller might be a huge piece in winning it all. Of late - the Orioles only get the odd chance to win it all - we should go all out for it when it happens - and Miller helps us big time.

Tonight showed the O's were the true winners at the trade deadline. De Aza and Miller were both pivotal in the win. Lester trade looked better at the time, but he couldn't single-handedly win their wild card game. I could see Miller playing a pivotal role in 1/2 or more of their remaining games. If O's win the WS, DD should win executive of the year.

De Aza was a flat-out steal. The Chi-Sox didn't want to pay $5 mil in arbitration next year for a fourth outfielder, not with Garcia-Eaton-Viciedo out there. All he did for the Orioles was hit .293/.341/.537 (with three triples!)

Jury's still out on the Miller trade but it sure is looking good right now :) I don't see how he could possibly resign, he's going to close somewhere next year.

Archived